• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Question
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I received a birthday gift from my brother of a Modified CGC 8.5 Secret Wars # 8 signed by Mike Zeck. I love it. 

This was his first time submitting comics(he sent in about 6) to CGC. He suggested he should have had them cleaned and pressed and then submitted it to CGC.

The notes say light bends to cover, light creasing to cover, light spine stress lines to cover. 

Would it be worth it to crack it and re-submit the book after a press and cleaning?

I know that the signature was not witnessed by CGC. "MICHAEL ZECK"" WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER. I know the other guys will do an autograph verification.

Edited by Nate Hartz

As its not a yellow label, its almost certainly not worth resubmitting to CGC, press or not, unless you are 100% sure it'll press to a 9.8 or higher (which is unlikely).

BUT IF you decided it was worth submitting to another company anyways for the purpose of authentication, I'd go for the press/clean, assuming the bends, creasing, and stress lines DO NOT BREAK COLOR (look closely, use a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe if necessary).  You can also do your best to take pictures of the deficiencies and post them here on the boards to solicit opinions.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:44 PM, Nate Hartz said:

Thanks! When I get home tonight, I'll try and take some good photos.

Be sure to post them to the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" forum after following the guidelines there. You'll get responses!