• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 6:42 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Agreed. 

Sad , not surprised, but agreed. 

My money is on they actually will reverse their stance. I don't think when they announced their support they thought of the enormous can of worms they're opening doing this. This can easily be heavily abused to affect their credibility (and bottom line in the long run).

On 8/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, Sigur Ros said:

It was to benefit veterans. 

Really? Can you share anything that says that? The way the guy from Black Flag was talking in the now removed Facebook video, it seemed he just wanted to sell out so he didn't lose money. I don't remember him saying anything about veterans. If he really was doing this to benefit veterans I think he would have led with that. I admit I didn't watch the entire video but I think I watched the whole thing before he started to talk about Boston. 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:47 PM, Gaard said:

"We just made a boatload of cash on this deal. Think we give two shakes what anybody thinks?"

Could we really call it a “boatload” though?  It doesn’t sound like anywhere close to all 750 of the frankencrap copies were slabbed, so CGC might have made, what, $4 grand per 100 frankencraps (assuming modern fast track, without Black Flag paying any extra for a happy ending).  

Is CGC’s integrity really worth that little to them?