• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, CJ Design said:

supposedly to other dealers only...under the table

I would imagine that if that happened we would see some in the aftermarket.  

I have yet to see one of those being sold.

Anyone have a pictures/ screenshots of them being sold ?

( besides that initial picture of the couple copies sitting on those comic boxes. )

On 8/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I would imagine that if that happened we would see some in the aftermarket.  

I have yet to see one of those being sold.

Anyone have a pictures/ screenshots of them being sold ?

( besides that initial picture of the couple copies sitting on those comic boxes. )

Fair point.  They'd be all over eBay by now and despite how we feel, I imagine there would still be a fair number of people willing to pay top dollar for them simply to own a piece of the controversy.

Also, congrats everyone on achieving in 8 days what it took the "Where in the world was QC" thread 8 years to achieve.  160 pages.  Up next...the eBay thread currently at 185.  I believe in us!

On 8/14/2022 at 1:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think there hasn't been a post about it, because no one else was seeing what you were seeing. Rather than the errors being intention in order to make some sort of statement, what seems more likely to me, especially when you look at the wrap as a whole, and the other acetate wraps that they promoted for other books, is that, unlike Marvel comics, which has an editorial team and an art direction team, Infinite Black probably doesn't have a team at the same level as Marvel. So mistakes were missed, and things that are more a matter of choice, such as typography, weren't scrutinized on the acetate wrap as much as they would have been on the portion of the product that Marvel had a say in. For example, in addition to what's been pointed out on the acetate wrap already, I think it's a little awkward to have "IN," "WE," and "INTRUST" in all caps while "God" is mixed case, and the spacing could be better. The layout in general could be a little better at the top of the back cover, with the Infinite Black logo, and the In God copy; looks a little cramped to me. 

Yeah, this was a lazy effort to sell through some unsold garbage.  How they got CGC to agree to this astounds me, but I doubt that the "legendary" Clayton Crane put more thought into this "let's get.our money back" project than he did when he drew the full cover art that didn't sell out the first time.  

On 8/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, kav said:

These books shouldnt even need to be graded-just have Crain write "10.0" on the covers-

He doesn't have to when CGC will just grade a book a 10 for him.. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:49 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

He doesn't have to when CGC will just grade a book a 10 for him.. 

I'm just suggesting skip a step to save time.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

And I suppose the $85-$100 starting price was just Black Flag's social commentary on how gullible their customer base is.

They only priced it that way after they knew that they had CGC on board with the 9.9s and the 10.  No one would have bought this for $85/100 unless they were thinking, "Bro!  Acetates can get 9.9s!"

Even if they didn't get a 9.9, they knew they had a shot at it and probably wouldn't get lower than 9.8.  

On 8/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, ExNihilo said:

Fair point.  They'd be all over eBay by now and despite how we feel, I imagine there would still be a fair number of people willing to pay top dollar for them simply to own a piece of the controversy.

Also, congrats everyone on achieving in 8 days what it took the "Where in the world was QC" thread 8 years to achieve.  160 pages.  Up next...the eBay thread currently at 185.  I believe in us!

Yeah I have not seen 1 copy of either of those hit any of the selling platforms I check. Although I do not use whatnot/WhatsApp or any of that carp. I also do not do those "live streaming " sales , which is why I asked if anyone has even seen one?

Have a good feeling someone (hopefully lawyers) put an end to this  ̶g̶i̶m̶m̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶ scam.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, Bookery said:

True.  But you never actually agreed or disagreed with my interpretation of the symbolism.  

You just keep stating your view about Board members themselves instead of their actual comments and interpretations.  As you say... I find that.... "odd".

I really enjoyed your interpretation of the acetate cover.  I think you put even more thought into it than the artist did.  

On 8/14/2022 at 9:51 PM, kav said:

I'm just suggesting skip a step to save time.

Why when he can just scribble his rainblow  mrudder  mark then have them rushed through ahead of all of our books and get CGC 10's & 9.9's and tell us all to cash him outside ? How bout dat?

On 8/14/2022 at 7:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Why when he can just scribble his rainblow  mrudder  mark then have them rushed through ahead of all of our books and get CGC 10's & 9.9's and tell us all to cash him outside ? How bout dat?

to save time!  :makepoint:  no need to send to CGC at all!!!

On 8/14/2022 at 9:59 PM, kav said:

to save time!  :makepoint:  no need to send to CGC at all!!!

C0FB923D-88AD-4223-B61A-561B07EEB7C5-1779875.gif.e5b21b32a3cbc0df9d920ae44f6bca71.gif

Besides he doesn't care about the time unless it's on his $500 for 5 min sketch. 

Obviously just like that statement he cares more about the money and a CGC 9.9 or 10 will get him more. 

Quite literally he is writing his own check . Printing moolah.... 

On 8/14/2022 at 8:03 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

C0FB923D-88AD-4223-B61A-561B07EEB7C5-1779875.gif.e5b21b32a3cbc0df9d920ae44f6bca71.gif

Besides he doesn't care about the time unless it's on his $500 for 5 min sketch. 

Obviously just like that statement he cares more about the money and a CGC 9.9 or 10 will get him more. 

Quite literally he is writing his own check . Printing moolah.... 

I'll cash you outside den.

We are seeing a decline in posts about this as obviously something has happened to stop the distribution of those "Boston Exclusives " and CGC I am sure is happy about this as they just get to keep trying to sweep this under the rug.

They want us to burn out on it and give up so it is business as usual for them. 

Especially since we all can see they obviously have pay for grade deal going on with "prominent members " of the community. ( yes the same ones they quoted for that last policy change) 

CGC = Cash Grab Company.