• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, CJ Design said:

Time machine?

On 8/16/2022 at 5:40 PM, Red Flag said:

That is the date they "updated" the verbiage of the book to correct some of the original inaccuracies.  Interesting that the updated verbiage for the book in the Certification Verification is different than the original incorrect label.  The books were originally graded on 7/29 I believe.  The original date is referenced somewhere in the previous 180 pages.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, TTony said:

That is the date they "updated" the verbiage of the book to correct some of the original inaccuracies.  Interesting that the updated verbiage for the book in the Certification Verification is different than the original incorrect label.  The books were originally graded on 7/29 I believe.  The original date is referenced somewhere in the previous 180 pages.

Thanks...I'm just perplexed the actual "Blue" label says 8/12

On 8/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, MGH said:

CGC dont prescreen over 9.8 right ?     so , no, its not possible they did a prescreen to get an unfathomable amount of 10.0 and 9.9 from a lot of 30 post-stapled covers

If they're willing to grade this book as a favor... 

If they're willing to grade per request on "invisible" books...

Pretty sure they'd be willing to pre-screen 9.9 and 10 as a favor. 

I don't believe they did,  of course.  Like most people,  I absolutely believe they were paid to give specific grades. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, eddly said:

Its possible if they did a prescreen. Ludicrous and suspicious, but not impossible. I just don't feel comfortable with the absolute accusation. I think it could get this thread locked, we have to keep this thread going!

Someone posted a made-up statement pretending it was from Matt Nelson. 

Surprisingly allowable,  I guess.   

If that didn't get the thread locked,  nothing will. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I thought the new place was in Merced? 

mike-

On 8/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, TTony said:

Just wait when they have to mark it Green label or NG because it's not a legitimate book.  The 9.9 book sold would still have a blue label but the website will say something different.

Also, the certification page says the Publisher is Marvel.  That is INCORRECT if they consider it a blue label.  It can be a blue label if the publisher is Black Flag Publishing (not sure the name of their publishing company) but if CGC is going to consider Marvel as the publisher, this MUST BE A GREEN LABEL.

image.thumb.png.1c6246e0740071e5856d94dc7b7c9a71.png

Not when there's a private back-alley deal made with the artist and retailer for CGC to sell them the grades and the blue-labels, as long as CGC is in the approval-pipeline of "producing" the book - no-questions-answered. 

:censored:

Edited by jcjames

On 8/16/2022 at 7:52 PM, jcjames said:

Not when there's a private back-alley deal made with the artist and retailer for CGC to sell them the grades and the blue-labels, as long as CGC is in the approval-pipeline of "producing" the book - no-questions-answered. 

:censored:

And Whatnot can boot you from the platform if you question the legitimacy.  

On 8/16/2022 at 11:05 PM, TTony said:

And Whatnot can boot you from the platform if you question the legitimacy.  

Wait... what?

Is that for this specific item or does that happen with frequency with other items as well?

On 8/16/2022 at 11:33 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

:preach:

A638017C-97BB-41F8-AC89-8481A4A66D48.jpeg.5d4bd4281c49fe15d2ca837d709440af.jpeg

Around a year ago Adam Lui joined the boards.  (I was mistaken it was not Liu, it was Lui.)  It was the age old story of noob joining, gets into arguments with everyone... and I mean everyone.  Then he threatened to fight everyone and for them to come to Merced, California to do so. 

He was eventually given his release from the CGC Boards. 

So he goes across the street as it were and starts complaining about here to there.  That's when he let his bright and sunshiny personality out over there as well and they instabanned him from across the street as well.  He wanted to fight people there too.  

He's a fighter that Adam Lui... 

I can give you some links if you want as a few were REALLY fun reads.  Most of what he did here was scrubbed but not over there.   

On 8/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

Wait... what?

Is that for this specific item or does that happen with frequency with other items as well?

It was highlighted by people joining auctions for the UF4 book and calling it bootleg, etc.  The last time I logged onto Whatnot, it gave me a warning that disrupting auctions is reason for removal.  I had not disrupted any auctions, I hadn't even logged in since before the whole UF4 scandal started.  So they must be warning everyone.