• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 7:33 AM, BS Damutantman said:

It seems possible to me (without any proof) that CGC could offer a more advanced prescreen option to retailers. It does seem highly unlikely otherwise that BF lucked into that grade distribution. 

you can see an entire run of 50,000 books with no 10.0 .... why would there be an advanced service to find a unicorn amongst even 1000 books ?   

On 8/16/2022 at 6:38 PM, bc said:

Train Wreck - Black Car News

-bc

Ya I edited, cause the invisibles had all grades from 0.5 to perfect 10s and the acetate that was graded to achieve those labels were what was graded.

With the exact grading spanning books here, that is why some presumed the same happened, manufacturing collectables.

But like @awakeintheashes said no proof without cgc response

On 8/15/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Did anyone see the response from Whatnot's comic division?

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 12.39.49 PM.png

Either you need to contact Aaron directly... or he has the easiest job in the world and will just respond "We have fraud but won't address because 'you know...' life stuff."

image.thumb.png.0607daa0547b6396342b35a94dee8e7e.png

Also, the person who wrote that text is not the CEO of Whatnot, that person is a YT Influencer who Whatnot may have employed or contracted with.  That is Jack DeMayo from Simpleman's comics (not sure if they are still active).  But if you want to learn to be a YT influencer... here you go:  

On 8/16/2022 at 4:13 PM, The Meta said:

And look who has to chime in as well

Ever stop to think about how selfish you come across as, from time to time?

Yeah didnt think so

Please expound. I'm curious. I've been called all sorts of things but I'm not sure I've ever been called selfish. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I edited, cause the invisibles had all grades from 0.5 to perfect 10s and the acetate that was graded to achieve those labels were what was graded.

With the exact grading spanning books here, that is why some presumed the same happened, manufacturing collectables.

But like @awakeintheashes said no proof without cgc response

If you believe that Then i got a bridge I'll sell you cheap - Willy Wonka  Sarcasm Meme | Make a Meme

-bc

On 8/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol wasn't the name of the bridge liable? I'm no fact checker but I'll be certain before I state as fact lol

Or is it lible libel? 

Either way I hope all I hear is reliable. :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Or is it lible libel? 

Either way I hope all I hear is reliable. :wishluck:

And to further recap, I find it odd that cgc used the stray dogs acetate as the president for the acetate books as blue labels, when the invisibles were as well.

Then there was the artist who did the stray dog covers, that not only recanted that as precedent but also that they dont want "their good name ruined."

But it's all speculation that imo wouldnt happen often enough to ruin the process. If cgc truly called this an unprecedented move, I doubt they'd do it again soon.

Or "whatnot!"

On 8/16/2022 at 5:29 PM, bc said:

So Black Flag can get EXACLY one 10.0, three 9.9's and six 9.8's across 3 different titles when the submission only consisted of 30 books?

The original version of this frankenbook had 100x times more submissions and never got better than a 9.8.

-bc

The grades are very suspicious.  But I have a problem believing CGC would sell grades knowing how important their reputation for unbiased grading is.  Especially for a few relatively low value books graded for what I assume is a relatively low volume submitter.  Why not the Action 1s of the world and the Heritage Auctions of the world.

It would be nice CGC would respond to this.  

On 8/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, thehumantorch said:

The grades are very suspicious.  But I have a problem believing CGC would sell grades knowing how important their reputation for unbiased grading is.  Especially for a few relatively low value books graded for what I assume is a relatively low volume submitter.  Why not the Action 1s of the world and the Heritage Auctions of the world.

It would be nice CGC would respond to this.  

This is how I feel too yet it's hard not to just say: and substitute or not science for acetate

39178374.jpg

The only alternative to paid grades I can think that would be somewhat plausible is that Black Flag actually submitted a ton more than just 30 copies of each those acetate covers and had CGC do a special pre-screening type of service where they could just say "Here's a cart load of books, find me exactly one 10.0, three 9.9s, and 26 9.8s from these, and once you met that quota just ship me back the rest" 

But idk, Occam's Razor.