• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADING FAST TRACK ECONOMY …IMPORTANT QUESTION
2 2

8 posts in this topic

If I send my 39 comics to be graded under GRADING FAST TRACK ECONOMY, THE MAX VALUE I CAN DECLARE IS $400. But I am using this prescreen category so that if any of the comics is not at least an. 8.0 , it will be rejected. So paying $50. Per comic for any comics that do grade at an 8.0 or higher is very risky because there is a clause stating that if FMV OF ANY GRADED COMIC IS ABOVE The $400. Value that I can declare, that I will be charged 3% of the fair market value of those comics. WHO KNOWS THE FAIR MARKET VALUE OF ANY COMIC…ALL OF THE MANY SITES SHOW DIFFERENT VALUES…SO HOW CAN I know what or if  my comic is worth more than the allowable limit of $400. If there is a site that would show an absolute FMV FOR MY COMICS…WHERE IS IT. If CGC charges me and claims my comic has a FMV OF $1000. And charges me 3% additional…is that a guarantee that my comic is worth that price I have comics from 1964 , 65,66,67,68,69 and a few in 70s. …X-men ,swamp thing1, Capt America, strange tales amazing spider-man Conan shield daredevil…..etc and for all of the checking values , every site shows different…How can I know what I will be charged if I do not know fmv. This shipment will already cost me over$2100. To grade and ship…I need to know is there A MAXIMUM FEE THAT CAN BE CHARGED FOR EACH COMIC….

You can call CGC on Monday to get there response.  Otherwise they just grade and charge you for the books according to the tier you submitted them under.  If a book is worth significantly higher than the $400.00, they may add an additional fee to that particular book after grading.  If you want specific value advise on any of your 39 comics you can post them in the Hey Buddy Can you spare a grade section.  

On 8/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, eseascaper7 said:

If there is a site that would show an absolute

It's called GPAnalysis and it is a subscription service.

On 8/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, eseascaper7 said:

If I send my 39 comics to be graded

Forget about value, you have two options in your situation:

You don't care how long it takes?

Select the lowest tier available and CGC will bump your comics up to the appropriate tier when it's time to charge you.

You do care how long it takes?

Select a faster tier and CGC will bump your comics up to the appropriate tier when it's time to charge you. What they will not do is refund you if your comic's value turns out to be lower than the faster tier you selected. You paid extra for the speed.

Good luck!

Edited by KirbyTown

I think you may be misinterpreting the 3% part.  One of the tiers, WalkThrough, is 3% of FMV, minimum of $150 fee.  But that is not the tier you are selecting.

If your comic is submitted under Economy with Fast Track, yes, it is a total of $50 if it passes Screening.  If CGC determines that you have a $1000 FMV comic, they would take it out of Economy and put it in Standard.  The fee for that is $80.  So you pay an extra $30 (already paid $50). 

Some people consider that to be ok with them, since the comic they thought was $400 has graded so high to be worth $1000.  CGC charges you the higher price because in their eyes, the comic warrants the higher fee - more responsibility asked of them while handling and grading, higher insurance coverage provided.

I guess if you submitted a comic that resulted in a $3000 FMV, they could bump it to WalkThrough.  Then it would be 3% of FMV, or $90.  It's 3%, not an additional 3% over what you already paid.  So now it's $90 - $50 already paid = $40 owed.

Edited by Lightning55

On 8/7/2022 at 9:52 PM, Lightning55 said:

I think you may be misinterpreting the 3% part.  One of the tiers, WalkThrough, is 3% of FMV, minimum of $150 fee.  But that is not the tier you are selecting.

If your comic is submitted under Economy with Fast Track, yes, it is a total of $50 if it passes Screening.  If CGC determines that you have a $1000 FMV comic, they would take it out of Economy and put it in Standard.  The fee for that is $80.  So you pay an extra $30 (already paid $50). 

Some people consider that to be ok with them, since the comic they thought was $400 has graded so high to be worth $1000.  CGC charges you the higher price because in their eyes, the comic warrants the higher fee - more responsibility asked of them while handling and grading, higher insurance coverage provided.

I guess if you submitted a comic that resulted in a $3000 FMV, they could bump it to WalkThrough.  Then it would be 3% of FMV, or $90.  It's 3%, not an additional 3% over what you already paid.  So now it's $90 - $50 already paid = $40 owed.

I just wanted to point out that you contradicted yourself. There is a minimum fee of $150 for WalkThrough. So, rather than $90 - $50 = $40, it would be $150 - $50 = $100 owed.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:50 PM, Math Teacher said:

I just wanted to point out that you contradicted yourself. There is a minimum fee of $150 for WalkThrough. So, rather than $90 - $50 = $40, it would be $150 - $50 = $100 owed.

You are correct, @Math Teacher.  I forgot about the minimum.  I rarely get the math wrong, but the logic, yeah, sometimes.