• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Open discussion off the c2e2 drama. Are influencers destroying the hobby?
3 3

151 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2022 at 3:23 AM, The Meta said:

Don't forget to hit that like and subscribe button

Channels can sound needy and desperate.  

Don’t recall ever doing that on a single YouTube video or song.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:13 AM, southern cross said:

I got this 

Let's marry them and get that blue elusive 10 that's as common as X-Force 1s

:flipbait:

Screenshot_20220813-191103.thumb.png.5ceb3cf9255e113f25f72c5d3eb530c5.png

Great book, but I noticed you’ve Photoshopped the WTF out of the cover.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:58 PM, aardvark88 said:

Interesting. Black Flag had acetate UF 4 Cgc 10.0 with retail sticker of $2,500 at C2E2 booth. Influencers pre-ordered but did not prepay for the raw UF # 4 acetates but still jumped the queue:

His constant hand waving makes it impossible to watch 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:49 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I agree that some of the issues in the the 500-600 run are selling for far more than they are worth to me as well, and others are headed that way. Of course, a great many comic books, raw and otherwise, are at prices that I will not pay since, as we all know (and has been noted on this board endlessly), we may want them, but we don't need them.

Unfortunately I still want to complete my run. That part stinks when books like the 1st appearance of Talia or Batgirl have now entered the next tier or two up and are 4 figure books.

On 8/17/2022 at 8:28 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Unfortunately I still want to complete my run. That part stinks when books like the 1st appearance of Talia or Batgirl have now entered the next tier or two up and are 4 figure books.

Yes, I understand as I wish to still purchase some CGC graded Batman 200-300 issues but the prices being asked, and sometimes paid for almost all those issues, are substantially beyond what I am comfortable paying. Of course, they may still increase in value but as concerns any possible profit on my part, I don't know that I'll ever sell any of them. Granted, "never say never."