• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Comic Art Thread
1 1

414 posts in this topic

Find a cool old cover and want to share it, but don't have a thread? Here you go. New variant art posted by Clayton Crain, complete with Murder Infinity signature and 4 staple-holes preset ready to go? 

Here's Jim Lee's are for the cover of the Anniversary Edition Release Of Death Of Superman (Superman 75, but you get 74 with it I think, and of course a black armband to wear to really confuse people). FaNr1o0XEAANKfi.thumb.jpeg.49bc174792944b8cfce94022d3270403.jpeg

Edited by Cat

I don't know the artist's work (signed as 'Vill Thane') but I thought it was pretty good. Raph's kinda got a Wolverine problem in that his sai is outrageously long and pointy. 

s2jcqku1eqh91.jpg.b6849f823b389ee18900f58116fa5a3c.jpg

Edited by Cat

On 8/17/2022 at 4:54 PM, Cat said:

One more TMNT image, this one's more TMNT X COD. Definitely not a look we're used to seeing, besides in Bodycount. 

vbrh2pfocjh91.jpg.64d79df3e9e3073a6cc42d2853817af0.jpg

90s influenced.

Rob Liefeld pouches and bandoliers, and yes, no feet, cunningly hidden in water.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Ross was supposed to be rebooting Fantastic Four a few years ago, but that fell through. His version of The Thing there is vastly superior to Miller’s.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/19/2022 at 12:04 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Ross was supposed to be rebooting Fantastic Four a few years ago, but that fell through. His version of The Thing there is vastly superior to Miller’s.

He's got a Fantastic Four prestige project out this month. 'Fantastic Four Full Circle'. 

Does anyone else see what I see? I'm looking at a matured and competent Liefeld who learned from his mistakes. Anyone? 

1-1.thumb.jpg.c2fb655467bc2ce601ccf8ccd75e4574.jpg

On 10/11/2022 at 2:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still doesn't necessarily look bad! Better, definitely, hopefully there is more :)

Check the sig, and look closely at Jean and Scott. It'd not Liefeld at all. 

Amazing, isn't it? 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, Cat said:

Check the sig, and look closely at Jean and Scott. It'd not Liefeld at all. 

Amazing, isn't it? 

Is it still a rendition of a Liefeld cover? Or did this artist start from scratch? Interesting take, not too shabby. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/10/2022 at 12:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it still a rendition of a Liefeld cover? Or did this artist start from scratch? Interesting take, not too shabby. :)

I'm not sure why any artist would want to resemble Liefeld's "art", but Different Strokes for Different Folks I guess....

Edited by Comics4All