• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Comic Art Thread
1 1

414 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2023 at 2:17 PM, ak47po said:

Screenshot(63).png.32738d65589541c59af73c888b3234ec.png

Put it this way, if I saw this on Reddit, I wouldn't click on it to find out more, and I would never dream of contacting this artist to enquire about a commission. They're just not very good. 

On 5/23/2023 at 11:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FB_IMG_1684848997854.jpg

That's a Julie Bell piece, isn't it? 

On 5/24/2023 at 6:25 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe so

I had a book of hers as a teen, and this piece looks familiar. 

On 5/23/2023 at 7:04 PM, Poekaymon said:

As a fan of Wolverine, and Frank Miller, and Frank Miller’s Wolverine, I’m going to try to forget I saw this.

As a longtime fan of Miller’s work, I’m a little less critical of his stuff nowadays since learning of his declining health issues and chalk it up to him preferring to earn a paycheck as opposed to a gofundme or seeking handouts/charity. We all know what he was once capable of. I wish him nothing but the best

On 5/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, B2D327 said:

As a longtime fan of Miller’s work, I’m a little less critical of his stuff nowadays since learning of his declining health issues and chalk it up to him preferring to earn a paycheck as opposed to a gofundme or seeking handouts/charity. We all know what he was once capable of. I wish him nothing but the best

Ya it's one of those that I wouldn't hit the like button but would respect it enough, especially if the story backed up the purchase. :cheers:

Enough of a rendition to fit the bill, doesn't help but doesn't destroy a legacy either. :)

On 5/23/2023 at 7:13 PM, B2D327 said:

Oh, no doubt.  Still going to try to forget I saw it.  

On 5/23/2023 at 4:09 AM, Cat said:

I really don't know who is seeing that and going 'yeah, beautiful, I must have that gorgeous piece of pure art'. It's horrible. 

It’s tragic to see one of the greatest, most influential comic artists of all time deteriorate to that level. Really is.