• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM House of Secrets #92
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I’m looking for opinions on my House of Secrets #92. It was a gift from a very generous friend who knew how much this book meant to me. No substantial interior defects to speak of, mostly the front cover and then the unfortunate chunk on the back cover corner. Pages are tight, staples in good condition. I will get it officially graded eventually, but will wait until I can drop off at a con in person. I appreciate the feedback!

A690A83C-C58F-4C81-B64E-6D6E456631A3.png

6E198F8E-7B57-4EA7-9A77-1B60AA7CDF97.png

Edited by Spencer Jones

a couple of creases on the one corner and the spine creases, which aren't too bad especially given the dark cover. The piece out of the back is what it is. I'm a little concerned about the foxing, soiling, possible staining (bottom edge, right) pulling the number down below what the front would suggest. I've been observing that CGC in the middle/lower middle grades seems to way overall attractiveness rather than counting defects. I think this looks like a 5.5, but it might get pushed down to 5.0 just b/c it's hard to say a FN book should have a missing piece. I think a FMV grades is $1200-1500. I think protecting the book and making it easier to insure are decent reasons to grade such a book, especially if you've got other higher value books in your PC.

Thanks for the feedback! Good points on the protection aspect of grading, I’ve got in a mylites2 on a full back in a toploader for now but should get it done at some point. I agree with your points and will be curious how they grade it. That was kind of what I was thinking on the missing piece, but at least it’s on the back. I think id be happy with a 4.5-5.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:44 PM, Spencer Jones said:

No substantial interior defects to speak of

If there's bad enough tanning on the cover interiors it can mess with the grade. I doubt there's any in there, but worth a check since it's happening on the outside 🤷‍♂️

Or don't worry about it since you're slabbing it anyway 😀

Edited by KirbyTown

I have a 5.0. This looks just a little worse for wear. Be sure to post your copy in the club.

Thanks for sharing.