• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a Spider-Man series.

7 posts in this topic

In the late 80s/early 90s, I recall a series that retold the X-Men early adventures, from a modern basis.  

Is there a similar series for Spiderman. I'm not talking about Ultimates series, just a flashback series to when Peter Parker was in High School.

Thanks, in advance.

I'm not looking for the Untold stories series, I'm looking for a re-telling of the Spiderman stories.

Edited by shadroch

On 8/21/2022 at 11:58 AM, shadroch said:

In the late 80s/early 90s, I recall a series that retold the X-Men early adventures, from a modern basis.  

Is there a similar series for Spiderman. I'm not talking about Ultimates series, just a flashback series to when Peter Parker was in High School.

Thanks, in advance.

I'm not looking for the Untold stories series, I'm looking for a re-telling of the Spiderman stories.

wasn't it called Spider-man Classics?

They were reprints of older stories, I had a subscription as a kid :cheers: 

The series I'm looking for retells the stories.  Marvel Tales reprinted the stories and I think at one point had Classic Spider-Man in the title. 

I'm reading the Taschen oversized volume right now and was wondering if these tales had been retold, as the SA X-Men stories were.

Edited by shadroch

On 8/21/2022 at 1:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

wasn't it called Spider-man Classics?

They were reprints of older stories, I had a subscription as a kid :cheers: 

Yea, I recall this...      https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man_Classics_Vol_1

Untold Tales of Spider-Man was AWESOME!!!  Kurt Busiek pure gold!  https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/11918/untold_tales_of_spider-man_1995_1

Those Marvel Age books may be what you're looking for though.   Good luck!