• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spawn #1 - Internal Print Error
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

Please take a look at my book linked below and let me know what you think. I recently purchased this on eBay and from the photos, it looked great. But there's always things you miss in photos ☹️. My original intent was to purchase this and send it in to be graded depending on the condition. First thing I noticed when I took it out of the bag and board was the bottom corner which instantly made me rethink my plan. After taking more photos for everyone on here to check out, I noticed even more defects but I guess I'm still just curious. Doubt I'll be sending it in unfortunately. On to hunt for the next copy!

Spawn #1 Imgur Post

A little ink splotching isn't going to impact the grade much or at all. You might get a 9.0/9.2 if a press flattened out the indention on the back corner. The color breaking stuff on the front is what it is. This is one of those books that if you want a graded copy, I'd probably just buy one instead of obtaining a bunch of raw copies to find one that's good enough. Just the grading/shipping/pressing of a copy could cost 1/3 to 1/2 the price 9.8s are going right now, which is around $150.

If you mean that defective logo on the inside front cover, some percentage of the print run has that defect. CGC doesn't treat it differently from non-splotchy copies, there's no value difference, and no one seems to care.

Basically, not all copies have that, but it's essentially normal.