• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvel Family Bound Countdown
1 1

359 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2023 at 12:37 PM, ttecwaf said:

Non Bound 22-34.  Never found the volume containing these issues.  First of two "gaps".

Did you buy these volumes from Heritage back in 2008 or were the bound volumes dispersed first and you had to piece them back together?

I see that back in 2008 they had a volume with 7 and 10-21, so I'm guessing we'll see another gap at the beginning of the run?

Given how fresh the comics look and how old the binding looks, I don't doubt these could have been bound by Fawcett.  But how do you know?  Heritage did not say that in the listing.

Love your volumes - makes me very open to buying bound copies!

I figured these were from the Fawcett warehouse. And that somehow they passed through Geppi in some way. He was known to be a big lover of bound volumes and have or had loads of them.

I am also a lover of them and have collected them for years for the same reasons to posted. High grade and glossy and being able to read it look through multiple consecutive issues all at one time. And, the prices (at least used to be, pretty affordable).

Favorites in my collection are Wings 1-12 FH office copies from George Tuska’s estate, and complete runs of all the Carl Barks Ducks in two volumes and Scrooge 1-40 in two volumes. Lots of shorter run GA books. They are just so fun to own.

Thanks for posting yours. Been a lot of fun to see them roll out!