• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FED EX???!!!

10 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 7:39 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the confusion; however, FedEx is our standard shipping method now. It is fully insured and a signature is required as well. 

I paid $80 for USPS registered. Not the $20 for FedEx. 

On 9/8/2022 at 7:42 AM, WernerVonDoom said:

I paid $80 for USPS registered. Not the $20 for FedEx. 

After researching my bank records, it looks like you didn't charge me the full $81.  However, I ordered USPS and that is not what I received (with no notification).  

Edited by WernerVonDoom

@WernerVonDoom I do hope you receive it.  Fedex has lost 2 item of mine this year alone.  USPS in 4 decades has never lost a single item of mine and if you make friends with you local post master you can get lots of help in many situations.  BTW FEDEX rarely honors an insurance claim!

Edited by MAR1979

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10238/return-shipping-updates/

the link above is their announcement about switching to FedEx exclusively for return shipping.

However, this quote is from the announcement ... "...will be effective for orders submitted starting July 5, 2022."

As far as charging for USPS and using Fedex, seems illegal. (shrug)

Also, if CGC planned on using FedEx exclusively, why was USPS even an option? :facepalm:

Is there a particular reason why CGC doesn't allow the customer to manage the delivery so that it can be held at a local Fed ex office ?? 

I tried changing my delivery to a fed ex shipping location down the street and it says the shipper wont allow it

I have other fedex deliveries coming from comic link that allow me to change it to a local fed ex office

@CMatthews

On 8/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! 

Due to the nature of the collectibles, CGC does not allow holds or changes to a shipment once it has been sent. This is to ensure the packages are received by the intended recipient as quickly and safely as possible. If you know that you will be away, CGC will hold the package at our facility until you return if necessary. We only require an email from the account on file. This can be sent to service@cgccomics.com. Thank you. 

Above was what was provided from an earlier post in this forum (topic - CGC Shipping Policy)with the same question as you.  Note the email mentions does not work and instead I had to call them direct when i had to place shipment on hold and then contacted them to release the hold.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:00 PM, waynemel said:

Above was what was provided from an earlier post in this forum (topic - CGC Shipping Policy)with the same question as you.  Note the email mentions does not work and instead I had to call them direct when i had to place shipment on hold and then contacted them to release the hold.

thanks!...it's a bit ridiculous ...how is it any different than when they had USPS holding registered mail pieces at the post office  (I am not asking you)..it's just as secure at a Fed ex location...anyway, it's just another example of CGC's inconsistencies

Edited by Ed Hanes