• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Either Very Fast or Did CGC Forget to Press?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I submitted my comic for a Frank Miller signature. Got a status update that he signed it on July 23rd. I assumed it was going to go to CCS pressing and then grading... which would take several months (I didn't pay for Express).

But now I got a notification that the grade was completed on August 24th (got a 9.4). It has grading notes... and it is now being "Shipped" on Sept 12th, 2022.

Did CGC/CCS quickly press the signed comic AND graded the comic or did they skip the CCS Pressing that I paid for? ???

On 9/10/2022 at 8:24 PM, Mewie said:

I submitted my comic for a Frank Miller signature. Got a status update that he signed it on July 23rd. I assumed it was going to go to CCS pressing and then grading... which would take several months (I didn't pay for Express).

But now I got a notification that the grade was completed on August 24th (got a 9.4). It has grading notes... and it is now being "Shipped" on Sept 12th, 2022.

Did CGC/CCS quickly press the signed comic AND graded the comic or did they skip the CCS Pressing that I paid for? ???

On 9/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, bobotski said:

There's a sub forum called Ask CGC, ask them there and they can check for you (or email them). I can only speculate that it was skipped but I'm not a CGC representative.

Lol there is a 6 to 8 week turn around time for in house signing books (thumbsu including press. @Mewie

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/11/2022 at 5:27 PM, Mewie said:

Thank you @bobotski that was my first post - appreciate the guidance - I'll follow-up there!

If I'm reading this right, @ADAMANTIUM - since it only took one month (vs. 6 to 8 weeks) to grade after signature... that means the pressing was probably skipped?

I sincerely doubt it was skipped. 6 weeks no press and 8 weeks press is supposed to be the max not the minimum.  :cheers:

On 9/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, Mewie said:

Oh nice! Thank you @ADAMANTIUM - that gives me hope! 

I'm honestly fine with a 9.4 grade - this is for my personal collection - I just wanted to be sure services I paid for actually happened :)

There is no harm in wondering and if you feel to follow up in the ask cgc, that's fine too, but is probably what they'll sum it up as. :cheers:

It's good that signature series for in house signing are one flat rate for cost, cause you can send in a higher value book for the flat cost rather than the actual higher tiers such as express and standard or even walk through. Plus getting quick tats for both press and grade!

That said, I do it because the press being done when not signature series but a regular submission take so long! I send some in for a house signing due just to the promised quicker turnaround. It's not the only reason but plays a part. :)

And that said, it's why blue label regular subs were feeling neglected due to the in house signing kind of cutting the line with the quicker TAT, especially with the press. ^^

So weigh it all, but that's a little more detail.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM