• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MJ signature
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I got the below book and thought it would be pretty cool to get Jordan’s signature on it.  I have know idea how difficult it is to get his sig AND have a CGC witness to verify the event.

Does anyone have any clue if this is a realistic thing to accomplish?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

6729C540-9FDE-4DA7-BA43-D96A71F84F86.jpeg

Zero percent.

Jordan has always been pretty much impossible. The very definition of unrealistic.

He used to sign a little at golf courses way back, but he is well aware the value of his signature (valued in the thousands) and has never done a private or public signing (may still be exclusive with Upper Deck) and if he ever did (not like he needs the money), I am sure his asking price for his signature would be astronomical.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:37 AM, Monstertruck97 said:

Zero percent.

Jordan has always been pretty much impossible. The very definition of unrealistic.

He used to sign a little at golf courses way back, but he is well aware the value of his signature (valued in the thousands) and has never done a private or public signing (may still be exclusive with Upper Deck) and if he ever did (not like he needs the money), I am sure his asking price for his signature would be astronomical.

I appreciate your answer that didn't involve misdirected sarcasm!  That's pretty much what I thought but I don't get athlete's sigs very often.  I have Tiger Woods and a Jack Nicklaus signed golf balls but that's about it.

On 9/13/2022 at 1:45 PM, Robert Doggett said:

I appreciate your answer that didn't involve misdirected sarcasm!  That's pretty much what I thought but I don't get athlete's sigs very often.  I have Tiger Woods and a Jack Nicklaus signed golf balls but that's about it.

I am unsure why you put a "!" after "misdirected sarcasm". I was giving you an honest answer as I have been in the sports autograph business fulltime in a multitude of occupations and that's my area of expertise, 36 years now. 

In saying that, Tiger Woods stopped signing golf balls in college becauae he didn't like the way they looked and those signatures differ from the ones now (thin red ink and fetch about a grand). He wouldn't even sign them for Upper Deck who he is under contract with. His old caddie couldn't get him to sign one for a family member.

As far as Nicklaus goes, he suprisingly still signs his fan mail. He has a lot of rules and it takes a while, but you can get an authentic signature from him through the mail.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:51 AM, Monstertruck97 said:

I am unsure why you put a "!" after "misdirected sarcasm". I was giving you an honest answer as I have been in the sports autograph business fulltime in a multitude of occupations and that's my area of expertise, 36 years now. 

In saying that, Tiger Woods stopped signing golf balls in college becauae he didn't like the way they looked and those signatures differ from the ones now (thin red ink and fetch about a grand). He wouldn't even sign them for Upper Deck who he is under contract with. His old caddie couldn't get him to sign one for a family member.

As far as Nicklaus goes, he suprisingly still signs his fan mail. He has a lot of rules and it takes a while, but you can get an authentic signature from him through the mail.

I put “!” after a lot of my sentences. I got used to it from reading a lot of silver and Bronze Age books growing up!  I did appreciate your feedback.  There was other feedback that was given that was just plain snarky.  Sorry if you took that wrong.  
you gave an answer that was honest and fair. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for.  It was more a question out of curiosity than anything.  
Thank you for your answer.