• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If we were to make a few changes to the right column, what would you like to see there?
4 4

34 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2022 at 8:34 AM, The Meta said:

The sharing buttons at the bottom, along with more sharing options

Most people don't use those buttons when linking to other sites, most browsers have a built in share link, or one can be installed by the webmaster in the browser bar, instead of having those unsightly buttons going to the various social media platforms

Look at it like this

Traffic flows to them, not here, using those buttons

They are pretty much outdated and useless

But hey, just because I think that, doesn't mean I'm right. 

Take them away and see if the complaints come flooding in. I'm doubting they will

Maybe they should make the More sharing options button bigger?

image.thumb.png.41fb1c722260386c84fefbfc75806d9d.png

and what the heck is Dribble? that takes me to YouTube?

image.png.cac35d835ab1d6b4979644680bae0f34.png

Also need to update your copyright year

image.png.1fee3c92150fc95fff315cf1efe031a9.png

-bc

• Administrator

I have a meeting about this and a few other things pertaining to the forum tomorrow.  If  anyone else has any input on this, now is the time to post it.  It appears I am the only one who can see the new members box.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:19 AM, CGC Mike said:

I have a meeting about this and a few other things pertaining to the forum tomorrow.  If  anyone else has any input on this, now is the time to post it. 

My input is here, as you know, but I'm posting the link for others to see as the viewing figures for the Chat Board Usage & Support forum are always low:

On 9/21/2022 at 2:19 AM, CGC Mike said:

It appears I am the only one who can see the new members box.

You could rename it "Stu's Box"?

On 9/21/2022 at 4:09 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

My input is here, as you know, but I'm posting the link for others to see as the viewing figures for the Chat Board Usage & Support forum are always low:

You could rename it "Stu's Box"?

I was going to suggest we could have daily game of "which ones Stu" 

I only ever see the layout from my phone, so I've never seen the new user list. 

It would be interesting to know how many people are still using computers vs a tablet or phone. I imagine the layouts are different

On 9/21/2022 at 1:43 PM, KCOComics said:

It would be interesting to know how many people are still using computers vs a tablet or phone. I imagine the layouts are different

They are very different. I did a poll four years ago. Is was almost as bad as that one Domo did the other month.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:23 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

They are very different. I did a poll four years ago. Is was almost as bad as that one Domo did the other month.

It's what happens when a forum has 20,000 members, and the puckered sphincters still manage to come up with 20,001 different ways the poll should have been done.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:40 PM, Domo Arigato said:

It's what happens when a forum has 20,000 members, and the puckered sphincters still manage to come up with 20,001 different ways the poll should have been done.

You know the old saying, Domo:

"You can please some of the people, some of the time,

But you can't please anyone on the CGC forum because they're all opinionated, self-satisfied tosspots"

Or something like that. 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You know the old saying, Domo:

"You can please some of the people, some of the time,

But you can't please anyone on the CGC forum because they're all opinionated, self-satisfied tosspots"

Or something like that. 

This opinion displeases me! :sumo:

A 'Favourite Threads' might be useful, for the threads you tend to visit most, so you can use it as a quick launchpad. Though I'm on a mobile, so this is all irrelevant to me. 

Edited by Cat