• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Which of these 3 comics should I buy?

30 posts in this topic

Of these three, I'd pick the SME 15, just because the character still seems to have great upside and room to grow. The first movie did surprisingly well coming out of the pandemic, so the follow up should do great. Iron Fist is damaged goods for the forseeable future, and Gambit, well, I have always hated Gambit.

But my best advice would be to save your money until you find something you desperately want. If all three of these are really speaking to you, and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, sure, get the SME 15. But if that's not the case, hold onto the cash until you see the thing that you instantly know is "the one".

On 9/21/2022 at 1:36 PM, Blastaar said:

$275 budget whatever grade that gets me from each. What would you get?  

Marvel Premiere #15.  
First Iron Fist

Special Marvel Edition #15 

First Shang Chi

Uncanny X-Men 266

First Gambit 

Sticking to these choices, MP 15

You can get a nice 8.0 for about $350

I always had a hard time with 266 - the art inside is absolutely atrocious. The Kubert (I think) cover helps it be recognizable, but the inside stinks. Not sure if people care that much about it, but it always mattered to me.

It would be hard to pick between the bronzes, I like both books. Flip a coin, you probably can’t go wrong with either.

Did what any sane person would do and ignored everyone’s advice including my own and snagged a 9.6 Savage She Hulk #1. I have a low grade but wanted a higher one. This has not seen it’s sealing. I have a feeling she will be part of the next phase of Avengers. 

On 9/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, Blastaar said:

Did what any sane person would do and ignored everyone’s advice including my own and snagged a 9.6 Savage She Hulk #1. I have a low grade but wanted a higher one. This has not seen it’s sealing. I have a feeling she will be part of the next phase of Avengers. 

I did the same when I traded my doubles for the walking dead #1,

Spoiler

well I called it consolidation turning three (cgc 7.0BA#12, &9.0 NM#98, & Malibu Sun #13 8.0) copper slabs into one hopeful addition. And I too told myself I'd not do it

but picked up the she hulk as well, it looked to have dropped from $399 in 9.6? So I've seen what it "can do" amidst hype, and I'm in for the long haul ......

There is so much that if able now would be the time to accumulate idk though (shrug)

I even upgraded lower grade place holders with bin books I've found for cheap, trading in to the LCS, I still kind of over pay haha

I'm not proficient enough!

@Blastaar my point being everyone told me NO. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/22/2022 at 5:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Reveal hidden contents

well I called it consolidation turning three (cgc 7.0BA#12, &9.0 NM#98, & Malibu Sun #13 8.0) copper slabs into one hopeful addition. And I too told myself I'd not do it

but picked up the she hulk as well, it looked to have dropped from $399 in 9.6? So I've seen what it "can do" amidst hype, and I'm in for the long haul ......

There is so much that if able now would be the time to accumulate idk though (shrug)

I even upgraded lower grade place holders with bin books I've found for cheap, trading in to the LCS, I still kind of over pay haha

Many a edit but finally widdled it down to sense 😂

It's funny if think as $300 books to buy are my wheelhouse, that are bronze there are so few or many points of view: ms marvel #1 #16 &17. Shazam maybe #1&#25. Idk just spit balling ideas. Firestorm #1 &4, higher grade marvel preview #16 but I'd say the coin flip was the best spoken so far hm

Or going with your gut.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/22/2022 at 5:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hide contents

Ya you can get a 9.6 Shulk for around $250. Which is crazy when you think about the avengers and fantastic four coming out. She has to be getting looped in there at some point. 

Edited by Blastaar

On 9/22/2022 at 6:16 PM, Blastaar said:

Ya you can get a 9.6 Shulk for around $250

Amen idk if the $399 past was a bum rush or whatever, but it's bronze and probably not "as common" as ASM #300. Who's to say with popularity for future gens but idk.

There are a few I still have my eyes on, ASM in the 200's now that #210 is still somewhat sensible and being used in moderns as well I think idk.

Brainstorming

Less flip and more "smarter fomo?" Haha before it's all too late 😂