• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why was this encapsulated in a magazine holder?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just got back an economy order that was a mix of silver and gold.

Pretty much everything was put into a comic holder except for this book and another. I’ve inspected bot and they seem flat enough and within the dimensions to be encapsulated within the comic holders.

Just asking to see if anybody has had this happen as I don’t really like the size or how the magazine holders feel. Doesn’t help that these books were stuck in encapsulation for around 3 weeks just to come back like this.

Thanks, and please let me know if you need more photos.

19106E55-8556-4F2A-8CDD-5E1DF0C0F8C0.jpeg

I've had plenty of golden age books that were in old magazine holders that miraculously fit into the new standard size cases upon re-holder. This copy exhibits zero/minimal spine roll and is far from mis-wrapped. Someone got lazy and grabbed a magazine holder rather than actually try to properly fit this copy into a standard holder. 

Logic suggests that CGC thinks it could be easily susceptible to SCS damage in a regular comic-sized holder. It doesn't really matter what we think while looking at pictures on the internet; It matters that CGC took care in trying to make sure it won't be damaged by their case.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus