• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revealed at last! The Joker's birth name!
1 1

17 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dc-comics-reveals-jokers-real-094159819.html

I don't know why they thought Jack White, formerly of The White Stripes, would be a fitting inspiration, but perhaps in another 80 years we'll get that answer!  xD  Unless they figure a white face and white stripes are the same thing, but that's painting with a pretty broad brush!  :wink:  I think they could've done better than to have his middle name be the same as The Penguin's first one!  The Killing Joke was by Alan Moore, so naturally it stands apart, but stories like, Wolverine: Origin, are usually quickly forgotten!  Invariably, getting the answer isn't nearly as satisfying as wanting the answer!  :nyah:

On 9/25/2022 at 8:19 AM, JC25427N said:

I thought it was revealed before as Jack Napier.

That was in the Batman film with Jack Nicholson. A pun on jackanape, or trickster.

Edited by Ken Aldred

The transitory, unreliable nature of The Joker's origin, as highlighted in The Killing Joke, and further underscored in The Dark Knight, is what makes the character interesting. 

On 9/26/2022 at 5:07 AM, lizards2 said:

I assumed his birth name was "Sue"

I thought that was every Americans birth name...... 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:31 PM, Cat said:

I thought that was every Americans birth name...... 

Careful. You’re setting yourself up for some Bruce jokes.

Still, at least a great super-hero character with that first name.

Can’t think of one called Nigel.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/25/2022 at 10:52 AM, Ken Aldred said:

That was in the Batman film with Jack Nicholson. A pun on jackanape, or trickster.

True but it was in the killing joke a year prior and burton admited taking the killing joke as inspiration for some scene in movie.