• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Ian
3 3

82 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2022 at 9:12 PM, joeypost said:

86DC9345-4959-4584-B360-DB9EC0C2E99D.jpeg

I lived in Miami during Hurricane Andrew in August 1992 and hope to never experience such again. I hope that you and yours are doing well and that the recovery goes as smooth as is possible under such circumstances.

• Administrator
On 9/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, CGC Mike said:

Currently 75 MPH winds where I am at the north end of Lake Okeechobee, right on the rim canal next to the lake.  It's supposed to strengthen to 80+ MPH.  There's a mandatory curfew from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM, and the Sheriff's are heavily enforcing this.  The lawn is covered with tree debris, and I am real worried about my large Oak that is tight against the canal.  (no room for roots on the canal side of the tree) It forks into two stems close to the ground.  Also, the dike for the lake is tunneling the wind up the canal making it stronger there.  Kind of a triple wammy for the tree.  

I was right.  It got the neighbors property pretty good, too.  Plans to build a seawall were submitted over a year ago, and were catered around this tree.  I guess they will have to be resubmitted, and delay the process another year.  

DSCF1133.JPG

DSCF1134.JPG

DSCF1135.JPG

DSCF1136.JPG

DSCF1138.JPG

On 9/29/2022 at 7:11 AM, CGC Mike said:

There's 20,000 customers of FPL in my county.  17.500 are without power, including me.  

Very relieved to know you and yours are okay, Mike. :foryou:

• Administrator

Thanks guys, we are fine.  I just backed the RV up to the house so, I could use the generator.  The entire 1/2 acre is completely covered with debris.  I guess I will be getting plenty of exercise.