• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The What Should I Purchase Opinion

9 posts in this topic

After my trip to MegaCon this past weekend and picking up a few good ones, I still have some $ to spend.  Looking at picking up one more book from this list.  These are ones I've been wanting for some time and want to grab one.  While it's more for my PC I do want a nice investment book as well.  Here goes:

1. Batman 171 Ungraded, two options a VG but with a detached page for $300 or a 1.5ish for $270
  2. Amazing Spiderman #361 2nd Print CGC 9.4 for $115
  3. X-Men Annual #14 CGC 9.4 for $92.00 (purchased UXM 266 this past weekend)
  4. Batman Beyond #1 Promo two options here as well.  CGC Green Label (store stamp) for $150.00 or an ungraded 9.0ish for $110
  5. Lois Lane #70  This one also has two options an ungraded in a 3.0ish for $195.00 or a CGC 2.5 for $225
  6. Young Avengers #1 CGC 9.0 for $150.00

As always, I'm very humbled with your help.  And while I've been at this for awhile; I'm pretty new to really looking at getting investment type books.

Edited by Brewcrewfan77

Sorry, but every poll needs a crack option :sumo:

Seriously though, I'd go with XM Ann. 14 (thumbsu

I am hardly one to give advice on this subject, but in as much as you are looking for "investment" opportunities, it seems to me that the older books - the Batman 171 and Lois Lane books (already the most expensive) - will probably hold their value better than the other books, which seem more modern/subject to hype.  Feel like the Spiderman book already "peaked" with the movies and, while it might still go up gradually, it will never be a "hot" book again.  The others might get some kind of a "hype" bump over and above what they have already got if some new project gets announced with that character, but that will only be a temporary hype bump.  If you were prepared to flip that book immediately should it spike even more (though you said it was also for your PC), then maybe one of those would be okay, but long term, seems like the older ones would be more reliable.

I'm not buying any comics for investment. If there was nothing else I could do to provide and protect my family and I had to buy one of these books I would buy whatever one I seen the best deal on first. Carnage came and went. Gambit is a strong bet to be seen. Rather have the movie spec book. Would buy a dozen of them if that is what I kept finding deals on before I paid full pop for the others. Rather buy another 266 vs a 14. Whatever book you think will see a movie bump the soonest. It's only money and a nothing amount so buy whatever one that will provide the most enjoyment.