• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record sale for foreign comics, Non canon ASM wedding issue sold for 15k+
1 1

65 posts in this topic

yep that was an epic sale for foreign comics. Interesting to see as the American comic market slows and slumps the foreign market seems to still be picking up steam. Probably has a lot to do with rarity and the fact many of these books were pretty undervalued for so long

Who is the artist for the cover?  Swipe or no swipe, that's terrific work!

The HA auction was the first time I saw that cover.  I'm having lots of fun seeing comics ("foreign") that are new to me.  Refreshing when I thought my comic collecting desire was fading.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:55 AM, 10centcomics said:

Interesting.

Up until this - I thought the Australian printing of Daredevil #1 held the record.

Released in 1964 by Horwitz it's very expensive in high grade, with most being private sales.

Thanks for the info (thumbsu

On 12/7/2022 at 7:46 PM, Yorick said:

Who is the artist for the cover?  Swipe or no swipe, that's terrific work!

The HA auction was the first time I saw that cover.  I'm having lots of fun seeing comics ("foreign") that are new to me.  Refreshing when I thought my comic collecting desire was fading.

Cover on all of these la prensa non canon Spiderman is Jose Luis Duran