• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record sale for foreign comics, Non canon ASM wedding issue sold for 15k+
1 1

65 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, steve566 said:

Huge moment for foreigns comics last night as a beautiful yet moisture damaged copy of the La prensa wedding issue sold for $15,600 at heritage auction!! I was bidding for a bit thinking it would go for cheap since it hung around $800 all the way until the time was nearly up.. at that point it jumped up to $3000.. then it went to live proxy bidding and went insane.. If anyone was wanting this issue I hope you were able to secure one before last night because this will definitely change the prices on this already grail foreign comic book2946B243-C634-4CC8-AFD7-BEE7F809EBD7.thumb.jpeg.7c0b058635400bbf2483c70815ef7cbd.jpeg

I know a guy who has one for sale I think…

On 10/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, littledoom said:

I know a guy who has one for sale I think…

Haha well he should have no problem selling it after that heritage sale.. last one I saw sell publicly was about 2 years ago on eBay and it went for $5000.. I could probably send a line of buyers his way depending on price 

On 10/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, steve566 said:

Haha well he should have no problem selling it after that heritage sale.. last one I saw sell publicly was about 2 years ago on eBay and it went for $5000.. I could probably send a line of buyers his way depending on price 

Last time I saw him with it was around April/May.. I'm not sure if he still has it. I'd probably like to buy it the next time I see him lol.

Amazing sale! Non-canon Mexican Spideys time in the sun might be upon us! The good news is….. a bunch of deep pocketed buyers are now probably doing research on why this book is important. That news will filter into the mainstream in fits and starts….. and when they find out how difficult these are to source. A perfect storm might brew…… everyone knows Spidey collectors can be the craziest. Wanna book for that Spidey collector who has everything? Well the hottie with the body just walked into the dance….. and she’s got a booty only Duran could draw!!!!!!!!!

On 10/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, Las Tua said:

It's not important, it's just speculation on fan-fiction 2c

Speculation makes a lot of sense, but can you explain how?   I don't follow the fan-fiction comment.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:55 PM, wardevil0 said:

It's part of why these are "non-canon" Spideys. The Mexican audience/distributors/someone was so put-off by the death of Gwen Stacy they actually deviated from the --script sent by Marvel HQ.  In this issue specifically, Peter marries Gwen and this becomes the status quo for Mexican Peter Parker, about 15 years before US Peter Parker marries MJ.  Considering this fan-fiction is just to be disparaging.  The original Japanese Spider-Man manga isn't "fan fiction," and neither is this.  It's original, foreign-sourced Spider-Man produced professionally and under license.

Thanks for the summary (thumbsu

On 10/4/2022 at 5:49 PM, Define999 said:

Either way, these books are a huge part of Spideys history..... you just have to be informed to realize it.

A part of Amazing Spider-Man history? Yeah, its an interesting tid-bit of the comic's history

A huge part of Amazing Spider-Man history? I wouldn't really consider this a significant part of Amazing Spider-Man history, just one of those neat things you find while traversing pedia articles. I guess I'd feel different if I grew up in Mexico and read these as a kid but I think I still wouldn't be audacious enough to proclaim it to be a huge part of the grand spider-man mythos. 

A huge part of the character; Spider-Man's, history? Well that's just silly, come on

On 10/4/2022 at 9:03 PM, JC25427N said:

A part of Amazing Spider-Man history? Yeah, its an interesting tid-bit of the comic's history

A huge part of Amazing Spider-Man history? I wouldn't really consider this a significant part of Amazing Spider-Man history, just one of those neat things you find while traversing pedia articles. I guess I'd feel different if I grew up in Mexico and read these as a kid but I think I still wouldn't be audacious enough to proclaim it to be a huge part of the grand spider-man mythos. 

A huge part of the character; Spider-Man's, history? Well that's just silly, come on

As is $15,600.  lol   :facepalm: