• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #68 - C&P or no?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I am wanting to send my Batman #68 in to get slabbed, but I am wondering if it is worth the risk of getting it C&P’d .cover is still attached but as the pics will show, it is loose. Thoughts?

BFDE00CF-D5C7-4810-9143-18C9504B0429.jpeg

A832D6AD-F388-4F7A-849F-C8400FD0CE6F.jpeg

D808887A-289C-4D7A-9E18-B4328614098B.jpeg

On 10/7/2022 at 1:03 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

It's too nice to risk it. You'd kick yourself it it went badly! 

That is what I was thinking. Definitely going to slab just to protect it.

On 10/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, zzutak said:

hm
There are a few different reasons I'd have a book slabbed.  "To protect it" is definitely not one of them.  (tsk)

So what do you recommend for protecting the book beyond bag and board?

A properly-sized Mylar sleeve with acid-free backing board has always worked for me.  (thumbsu  There are several sources of archival-quality document storage boxes (Hollinger, Lineco, etc) for any books or other ephemera you feel need additional protection.  :foryou:

Boxes-1.png.373930a315962ef46de6a19505e63e77.png

Edited by zzutak
Links Added

On 10/7/2022 at 3:41 PM, zzutak said:

A properly-sized Mylar sleeve with acid-free backing board has always worked for me.  (thumbsu  There are several sources of archival-quality document storage boxes (Hollinger, Lineco, etc) for any books or other ephemera you feel need additional protection.  :foryou:

Boxes-1.png.373930a315962ef46de6a19505e63e77.png

I plan on displaying this book. Do you know if they make top loaders that will fit golden age books?

I don't see any potential grade bump with a clean and press for this book. And since you mentioned it has a loose cover, I wouldn't risk it. 

If you plan to display the book, make sure there is no sunlight (direct or indirect) or fluorescent lighting as it will fade the reds and yellows on the cover.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:14 PM, 10centcomics said:

I don't see any potential grade bump with a clean and press for this book. And since you mentioned it has a loose cover, I wouldn't risk it. 

If you plan to display the book, make sure there is no sunlight (direct or indirect) or fluorescent lighting as it will fade the reds and yellows on the cover.

Thanks. I will be displaying it in a room the stays dark when I am not in it and only has an overhead non-fluorescent light on the ceiling.