• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting the CC in NY
4 4

55 posts in this topic

Well two out of five are right side up! :golfclap: Board randomness, I guess. 

I'll stop here. My conclusion is that if you are interested primarily in comics rather than pop culture generally, particularly if you're interested mostly in GA, NYCC is probably not worth attending at this point. Sad to say but a conclusion that other collectors (and dealers) already arrived at some years ago. 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, Sqeggs said:

Sqeggs, it's been the case for as long as I can remember that the board does not recognise when you invert an upside photo in windows.

So your upside down photo here...

squeegs1.jpeg.b3f3f519a8eee27f1ecb136c84478f46.jpeg

....if I save it to my PC and then turn it up the right way by right clicking and selecting 'Rotate Right' twice in Windows File Explorer....

squeegs2.PNG.3f1e913b2726b1f44049264e8ec78e6a.PNG

...it still posts as upside down even though it is now right side up on your PC:

What you have to do is edit the image using, say, 'Rotate' in the photos program:

squeegs4.thumb.PNG.0bbe38e4b5445435db68428a20d74e6f.PNG

Once saved, you will find that it then posts the right way up on the boards:

squeegs1.jpeg.3bc625fdf4149c932d6e61a7a11ef3a8.jpeg

All good fun (and nice pics by the way) :)

On 10/8/2022 at 4:12 PM, Sqeggs said:

I'll stop here. My conclusion is that if you are interested primarily in comics rather than pop culture generally, particularly if you're interested mostly in GA, NYCC is probably not worth attending at this point. Sad to say but a conclusion that other collectors (and dealers) already arrived at some years ago. 

Don't worry about the upside-down images. I just stood on my head when I looked at them. Of course, I did have a headache after I was done. lol

All kidding aside, thank you for the report and the pictures. (thumbsu

On 10/8/2022 at 5:35 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sqeggs, it's been the case for as long as I can remember that the board does not recognise when you invert an upside photo in windows.

So your upside down photo here...

....if I save it to my PC and then turn it up the right way by right clicking and selecting 'Rotate Right' twice in Windows File Explorer....

squeegs2.PNG.3f1e913b2726b1f44049264e8ec78e6a.PNG

...it still posts as upside down even though it is now right side up on your PC:

What you have to do is edit the image using, say, 'Rotate' in the photos program:

squeegs4.thumb.PNG.0bbe38e4b5445435db68428a20d74e6f.PNG

Once saved, you will find that it then posts the right way up on the boards:

squeegs1.jpeg.3bc625fdf4149c932d6e61a7a11ef3a8.jpeg

All good fun (and nice pics by the way) :)

You know I actually did that--edited it in photos and reposted it--and it still seems not to have worked. :pullhair:

On 10/8/2022 at 6:47 PM, walclark said:

Thanks for the report.  Hopefully you had a good time and came away with some things for your collection.

I did and I also invoked your name with Matt Nelson. We had been going around about whether the NN books were actually Cookevilles or whether only the SN books were. I said, "Well according to waclark on the CGC boards ...." He blanched, gasped, and said "Well in that case, it must be true!"

Actually, he does now agree that NN books were legit Cookeville copies and CGC will put them in ped slabs going forward. He said he's carefully reading through board threads on pedigrees as he gears up to finish the ped book. 

On 10/8/2022 at 7:09 PM, comicnoir said:

What about the price?

Here's better pic with the grade (4.5, not 4.0) and the (gasp!) price. Obviously, a big ask but Harley's nearly always willing to do some negotiating. 

IMG_1561.jpeg

Just looking at GPA, the $18K for the 6.5 probably inspired his ask. Of course, the 6.5 was fourth highest graded, while a 4.5 is well back in the pack. Still, it's become a pretty tough book and this is a decent looking copy for the grade.