• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hercule Poirot: A Haunting In Venice starring Kenneth Branagh (9/15/23)

20 posts in this topic

Detective Hercule Poirot will soon have another mystery to solve, and like Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile before it, Kenneth Branagh has assembled a top-notch cast for the next Poirot movie.

Kenneth Branagh has tapped Kyle Allen (Rosaline), Camille Cottin (Call My Agent), Jamie Dornan (Belfast), Tina Fey (30 Rock), Jude Hill (Belfast), Ali Khan (6 Underground), Emma Laird (Mayor of Kingstown), Kelly Reilly (Yellowstone), Riccardo Scamarico (Caravaggio’s Shadow), and Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once) to star in A Haunting In Venice.

Reads the official description: “Set in eerie, post-World War II Venice on All Hallows’ Eve, A Haunting in Venice is a terrifying mystery featuring the return of the celebrated sleuth, Hercule Poirot. Now retired and living in self-imposed exile in the world’s most glamorous city, Poirot reluctantly attends a séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets.”

Kenneth Branagh will once again reprise the role of Poirot and will direct the movie as well. Michael Green penned the ---script, based on Agatha Christie’s Hallowe’en Party. Production will take place at Pinewood Studios outside London and on location in Venice. In a statement, Kenneth Branagh said:

"This is a fantastic development of the character Hercule Poirot, as well as the Agatha Christie franchise. Based on a complex, little known tale of mystery set at Halloween in a pictorially ravishing city, it is an amazing opportunity for us, as filmmakers, and we are relishing the chance to deliver something truly spine-chilling for our loyal movie audiences."

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, D84 said:

After that hack job done to Death on the Nile, I'm out.

After watching David Suchet perfect the role over two decades and forty-three outings as our favorite Belgian detective, I find it impossible to watch anyone else play the part.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, RedRaven said:

After watching David Suchet perfect the role over two decades and forty-three outings as our favorite Belgian detective, I find it impossible to watch anyone else play the part.

He was great, but I also like Albert Finney in the role.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:18 PM, D84 said:

After that hack job done to Death on the Nile, I'm out.

No disagreement.  I thought the Murder on the Orient Express remake was passable, but the Death on the Nile version was just miserable compared to the Peter Ustinov one.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:45 PM, D84 said:

He was great, but I also like Albert Finney in the role.

I'm partial to Ustinov, but probably just because that's how I was introduced to the character.  

Kenneth Branagh’s newest addition to the Agatha Christie film series, A Haunting in Venice, has released its official trailer, featuring the iconic detective Hercule Poirot back in action. The trailer was presented by 20th Century at CinemaCon on Thursday, giving fans a glimpse into what they can expect from the upcoming movie.

The latest trailer for A Haunting in Venice, directed by Kenneth Branagh and featuring his reprisal of the role of Hercule Poirot, showcases an impressive cast led by Oscar winner Michelle Yeoh. Alongside Yeoh, the film stars Jamie Dornan, Tina Fey, Jude Hill, and Kelly Reilly, as well as Emma Laird, Kyle Allen, Camille Cottin, Ali Khan, and Riccardo Scamarico.