• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Official CGC Guide To Grading Comics" - Opinions?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 5:40 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

To my knowledge, there is no cgc grading guide. Such a weighty tome exists only in our fevered dreams

Ok so it’s true? This really is a thing? As soon as I wipe the pie off my face, I’m ordering one

image.gif.88b9084d5d77ccdd5d99b7394397d243.gif

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 10/13/2022 at 1:40 AM, lou_fine said:

Unfortunately for all of us here, since the writing on this Official Grading Guide was completed over 18 months ago, it's already obsolete and out of date once the Promise Collection surfaced and crossed the CGC grading table.  :devil:  lol

That shouldn't be a big deal.  The DeLuxe edition will probably include CGC's secret decoder which takes precise grades and applies two bumps. :wink:

On 10/13/2022 at 5:40 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

To my knowledge, there is no cgc grading guide. Such a weighty tome exists only in our fevered dreams

It's good to know I'm not the only one who uses terms like weighty tome. xD

On 10/13/2022 at 10:12 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Ok so it’s true? This really is a thing? As soon as I wipe the pie off my face, I’m ordering one

image.gif.88b9084d5d77ccdd5d99b7394397d243.gif

It's egg custard.  You'll have to wait for key lime.

Yep, a promotional ad for this was emailed to my in-box yesterday; supposedly there's a chapter on pedigrees, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a cursory examination rather than in-depth research.   

I was planning on holding out a few days to see whether this book would be listed as a reference work and placed on shelves in the non-fiction section. 

:cheers:

On 10/13/2022 at 1:40 AM, lou_fine said:

Unfortunately for all of us here, since the writing on this Official Grading Guide was completed over 18 months ago, it's already obsolete and out of date once the Promise Collection surfaced and crossed the CGC grading table.  :devil:  lol

'Promise Collection' on a label...you just know it's a load of spoon lol but serious.