• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED One book, a Matt Baker unicorn — Teen-Age Romances #41
2 2

15 posts in this topic

5 Simple Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

1st :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: U.S. priority shipping included

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape, on your dime.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

On 10/15/2022 at 10:06 PM, Readcomix said:

One book tonight, and it is a tough one — Teen-Age Romances #41, a late-run, late pre-code issue. Sweet, sweet Baker cover. Only comp out there is a rough but complete copy on eBay missing parts of the image area from what looks like tape peels, and that ask is $425 plus shipping. No comps in HA archives.

There’s six copies on census, topped by a pair of 5.5’s. There’s also a pair of 4.0’s, a 3.5 and a 3.0 to round it out.

This one presents 4.0 at a glance in a Mylar, with a strong image area. But there’s spine splitting between the staples (both are attached) and a pair of extra staples. I can’t tell if they were added or factory error, as they don’t appear to serve a purpose. I’m giving it a technical grade of 2.5 or 3.0 on the spine splitting and the odd staples. (2.5 would be my number if I could say they are added; 3.0 if I could be certain they are factory error.) it’s solid enough to read, and the cover looks like a VG book laying there.

$800 shipped within U.S.

F721DCFE-D425-4F31-8072-3D41D35284A0.jpeg

A9281A1E-9DCD-4222-A45F-73A1343B07B6.jpeg

F22A9399-6FDE-4A47-99C2-5517DF1CCD72.jpeg

98CCD20B-F661-4277-AF92-A6323DE0E6D7.jpeg

CEF39DA8-D239-4ADD-BDA1-F69912BFAA8E.jpeg

FD6C0F9B-747C-48D6-8805-1899C94F21EC.jpeg

8707A27A-9B7A-47CA-8B98-55BE23A3EE52.jpeg

I’ll Take It 

Glad to see this one going to a great home and a great boardie who will house it among its kind (thumbsu Thank you again, Rick.

Gang, I was going to start a long and assorted thread but I did not want this rarity lost in there. I’ll get a fun mix going in G/S/B shortly (as in soon but not tonight), but this book deserved its own thread. I hope everyone enjoyed seeing it, as it’s a great example of Baker’s work. We often think of Baker for his sexy, sultry women, but his late-run TAR covers have a few examples of a real romantic sweetness, such as this one. But #45 may still be my favorite. I hope to land one some day, but I think William has every copy extant :baiting: @Comcav

On 10/15/2022 at 11:24 PM, Readcomix said:

Glad to see this one going to a great home and a great boardie who will house it among its kind (thumbsu Thank you again, Rick.

Gang, I was going to start a long and assorted thread but I did not want this rarity lost in there. I’ll get a fun mix going in G/S/B shortly (as in soon but not tonight), but this book deserved its own thread. I hope everyone enjoyed seeing it, as it’s a great example of Baker’s work. We often think of Baker for his sexy, sultry women, but his late-run TAR covers have a few examples of a real romantic sweetness, such as this one. But #45 may still be my favorite. I hope to land one some day, but I think William has every copy extant :baiting: @Comcav

William has left the building.