• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What causes this weird seal mark on cgc slab
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2022 at 8:12 PM, TomDehnert said:

The book is correct and matches the graders notes just never seen this bubbly looking spoon.

I'm pretty sure it's on most slabs when they seal the inner well that holds the comic. I wouldn't assume tampering. :cheers:

Some are messier than others maybe, there was an inner well that didn't use the seal, then I don't recall. There are slabs that don't have an inner well at all, but that started about 2016 and is when we first started the "really bad" Newton rings. The old r slabs had rings too but were much easier to get rid of. :)

I believe that’s just how it looks when the inner well has a seal on it…I mean if you want a different looking “seal” you can try your luck and re submit it if it bothers you… but chances are it will look near the same.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, kav said:

@JollyComics - thoughts?

Sure!  I think it was overheat.   It may be burnt or molt the seal before it was pulled away.  The molten plastic was stricken and broken off.

It must be a rookie mistake.

Edited by JollyComics

I wish they would start grading the slab. A slab/book would get two grades: One for condition of book, one for condition of slab. To protect the slab throughout its journey, the slab will have a slab which will get a grade on condition and on and on and on

On 10/23/2022 at 12:34 PM, JollyComics said:

Sure!  I think it was overheat.   It may be burnt or molt the seal before it was pulled away.  The molten plastic was stricken and broken off.

It must be a rookie mistake.

so, just seal with the seal mark?