• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 1
8 8

163 posts in this topic

I think 5 points.

2 bullseyes and another off by a grade. I knew I was being too harsh with the Red Dragon and too lenient with the Captain America. But I ignored my instincts. :pullhair:

On 10/31/2022 at 8:27 PM, skypinkblu said:

It was camera glare, not creases...so if you were talented enough to be able to tell the difference (which I am not, lol) you probably did well.

I saw it as a reading crease, not that I know how to grade that with any expertise anyways, but, dang, that hurt.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:25 PM, JollyComics said:

Wow.  I missed other defects --- 2058795105_ScreenShot2022-10-31at7_22_33PM.png.b05e02932d632da1a23818c61f6acff4.png

I saw them but still graded the book too high. I imagine these creases are more evident in person.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:30 PM, Comics4All said:

scary indeed!

the Cap was my only bullseye!

I had Superboy at 3.5, so not bad, but I was waaaayyy off on WBN! 

:(

Wwbn was my only bullseye. If not for the supes being off by four, I was only on or two off on the rest

On 10/31/2022 at 7:31 PM, grendelbo said:

I saw them but still graded the book too high. I imagine these creases are more evident in person.

I did too, I thought it looked flat enough, gave it 9.2, but my gut was 8.5 and I thought that I was being hoodwinked 

On 10/31/2022 at 6:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did too, I thought it looked flat enough, gave it 9.2, but my gut was 8.5 and I thought that I was being hoodwinked 

Exactly my thoughts. :goodvsevil:

On 10/31/2022 at 8:14 PM, CGC Mike said:

Several people under graded the Sentai book.  Should I note camera glare in the future?  I have asked this before, and the consensus was no. 

Yes please.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:31 PM, musicmeta said:

Ouch!  12pts... That's what I get for rushing in the grades at the 11th hour.  

Ah, I see another fellow 12pt comrade, it appears that you and I are neck in neck, and as such, I must vanquish you.

May the odds, (9.1, 4.7, 7.3) ever be in your favor..

On 10/31/2022 at 7:41 PM, zzutak said:

No, you probably were spot on.  There's no way a book with nasty 1" long taped tear (and plenty of other blemishes/defects) deserves to be called a FN-.  :sumo:

Yup. That tear brought me from a 5.5 to a 4.5 once I saw it. :screwy: