• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #1 - Grade is in and it’s not what most of you thought.
3 3

20 posts in this topic

Struggling with this one. I am going to say 3.5±0.5. My first pass over, I was lower but it's also from that age range where the grading might be a little more generous. Is that top staple firmly attached? It looks like it might not be 100% solid, not that it would make a huge impact on the grade, just maybe tip it one way or the other if it was on the borderline of grading bins. 

On 10/26/2022 at 10:34 PM, scburdet said:

Struggling with this one. I am going to say 3.5±0.5. My first pass over, I was lower but it's also from that age range where the grading might be a little more generous. Is that top staple firmly attached? It looks like it might not be 100% solid, not that it would make a huge impact on the grade, just maybe tip it one way or the other if it was on the borderline of grading bins. 

Both staples have some wear at each hole. But I’d say as with most early SA books it would take a good tug to detach them :shiftyeyes:

I apologise in advance since I consistently come in lower than many boardies, who are most likely much better at determining what CGC would award as a grade. I'd say for me if this were my comic, this is a 2.5 at best, due to spine wear and chipping, but given the leniency that CGC often appear to show toward SA comics, it could be a 3.0

I don't think we did that bad considering there were issues that could tip things one way or the other. There seems to be a "bias" toward certain books getting higher grades. IDK if it's b/c the graders like them & are a bit lenient, or they like the books spend the time to do a better job grading (shrug) Either way, this is a great one to own. Post some post-encapsulation pics when it shows up.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, scburdet said:

I don't think we did that bad considering there were issues that could tip things one way or the other. There seems to be a "bias" toward certain books getting higher grades. IDK if it's b/c the graders like them & are a bit lenient, or they like the books spend the time to do a better job grading (shrug) Either way, this is a great one to own. Post some post-encapsulation pics when it shows up.

I was just digging for reactions. :baiting:
You guys are usually pretty spot on. I know mid to low grade books are hard to judge when’s book has, probably 12 or more defects.