• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NO RESERVE AUCTION Open for Bidding!

20 posts in this topic

The NO RESERVE ComicLink Focused Auction is online and open for bidding! Mark your calendar - it ends on the evening of Sunday, November 20 between 8PM - 11:15PM EST (5PM - 8:15PM PST). The Auction contains 400 CGC Silver/Bronze Age Marvel and DC issues (and a few Warren Mags). The overwhelming majority of these issues are high-grade. This is a prime opportunity for collectors to fill in runs or dealers to acquire inventory for resale.

Some exciting new items have also been posted to ComicLink within the last few days. Here are just a few highlights from among the hundreds of newly listed CGC Graded comic books to choose from:

Captain America Comics #1 (1941) CGC 8.5 (1st Captain America)

Amazing Spider-Man #1 (1963) CGC 9.6 White Mountain Pedigree (If you want the best available, here it is!)

Detective Comics #35 (1940) CGC 9.2 Larson pedigree (cleaned only, White pages) - what an amazing book!

Detective Comics #359 (1967) CGC 9.6 White pages (1st Batgirl)

Sea Devils #1 (1961) CGC 9.4 (Scarce 1st issue DC from 19, Russ Heath art)

Many Amazing Spider-Man issues from #98 through #198 - most in CGC 9.8 and scarce!

And, don't forget to keep your eye on the new CGC Sets section!

Also just listed - THOUSANDS of Golden, Silver and Bronze Age DC and Marvel comic books not graded by CGC. Nearly every publisher is represented. View these new listings !

If you have a specific list of items that you are thinking about consigning to a future Focused Auction, just buysell@comiclink.com" target="_blank your list at buysell@comiclink.com for a prompt follow up.  Otherwise, you can add items to the For Sale/Bid or eBETTER Auctions.  If you have further questions, we are available to answer them during the week (11AM - 7PM EST) at 718/246-0300.

Remember, not only are there thousands of items in the For Sale/Bid section but sellers now are adding items in the new eBETTER Auctions section as well which has many benefits for you as both buyer and seller.

And, in the rare event that you can't find something right now that interests you, if you add it to your Wantlist you will be notified immediately when it is listed in the future.  

The White Mountain Spidey is on the block at no reserve? I guess the seller expects to do better than $122,000? Sheesh, if that was my book, and I was waiting on the auction results, I'd be reaching for the mylanta right about now.

Ah, NO.....

The listed books are new to ComicLink but not part of the No Reserve Auction.

The White Mountain Spidey is on the block at no reserve? I guess the seller expects to do better than $122,000? Sheesh, if that was my book, and I was waiting on the auction results, I'd be reaching for the mylanta right about now.

Ah, NO.....

The listed books are new to ComicLink but not part of the No Reserve Auction.

Ah, ok then. No need for emergency gas-x. wink.gif

Some really nice books have popped up on CL in the last 24 hours. Batman #6 & #16, both 9.0 and both with WHITE pages 893whatthe.gif, and Captain Marvel Adventures #3 CGC 9.2 with off-white pages.

Ah, if I were a rich man...

That was the Batman 16 I tried to buy on Pedigree Comics but the guy wouldnt go for a payment plan of 3 months. It was 8500 on there and I offered full price. I wish he would have said yes. It has now been a month. He would have had the second payment already.

Yeah, I'm often shocked at how many people turn down offers for time payments. At what loss is it to the seller? The book remains with the seller until it's paid off; there's no risk. I can think of two particular books that were in the $2000 range that I offerred time payments at full price and was turned down. Whatever. Meanwhile, those books remain unsold, two years later.

There was also one book that I wanted to buy for $5500 for which I proposed a six-month payment plan; that too was refused. And yes, that book remains unsold too. And in retrospect, with all the CGC distrust that's been going around, I sure as hell am glad that the seller did me a favor and sent me packing!

They way I see it, why not take time payments. Make the buyer a deal and make payments. If they fall through on a payment, they are all void or penalized. Seems fair, and I personally like to do it. Saying no to payments is pretty stupid considering every big purchase generally is paid in payments. Car/House/Motorcycle/Trailer/$10000 comics...

That was the Batman 16 I tried to buy on Pedigree Comics but the guy wouldnt go for a payment plan of 3 months. It was 8500 on there and I offered full price. I wish he would have said yes. It has now been a month. He would have had the second payment already.

Did you save your money? Maybe in a couple of months... Of course if you are like most of us the money is already spent elsewhere.

Dan

Did you save your money? Maybe in a couple of months... Of course if you are like most of us the money is already spent elsewhere.

Dan

I am going to use it towards the Batman 1 in the Heritage Auction.

And in retrospect, with all the CGC distrust that's been going around, I sure as hell am glad that the seller did me a favor and sent me packing!

When you say distrust what exactly do you mean? I dont have to worry about CGC graded books now as well do I?

Here we go. foreheadslap.gif

And in retrospect, with all the CGC distrust that's been going around, I sure as hell am glad that the seller did me a favor and sent me packing!

When you say distrust what exactly do you mean? I dont have to worry about CGC graded books now as well do I?

Here we go. foreheadslap.gif

Oh, the humanity.............. sorry.gif