• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Mechanical Error
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I submitted a book under Express tier, received it and now I sent it back due to "mechanical error" issues. Since i paid a hefty price tag for the Express tier, may I ask how long is the reholder process will take since submission is received? I'm extremely unhappy about this. Appreciate if I could have a solid response.

Thanks

• Administrator

Hello! We are so sorry to hear that you had to send the book back to our facility. We do try to prioritize Mechanical Error submissions; however, they can take several weeks to process depending on the number of submissions we are working on before yours and how complicated the Error is to correct. We try to compare the Mechanical Error submission to a Reholder turnaround time which can be found by following the below link. 

CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

On 11/1/2022 at 11:00 PM, CMatthews said:

Hello! We are so sorry to hear that you had to send the book back to our facility. We do try to prioritize Mechanical Error submissions; however, they can take several weeks to process depending on the number of submissions we are working on before yours and how complicated the Error is to correct. We try to compare the Mechanical Error submission to a Reholder turnaround time which can be found by following the below link. 

CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thanks for the update, but I noticed my mechanical error submission was shipped but I can't view the grades online.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:41 PM, Richard Aliff said:

Thanks for the update, but I noticed my mechanical error submission was shipped but I can't view the grades online.

I had the same issue on my ME sub, and then I contacted CGC. They responded that ME subs post grades on the original submission.... after I thought about it for a moment, I guess it makes sense...

Email snippet below...

image.png.4b2ccced079ecd635c7a7d7d65ed9f8b.png

On 11/8/2022 at 9:02 AM, circuitryusa said:

I had the same issue on my ME sub, and then I contacted CGC. They responded that ME subs post grades on the original submission.... after I thought about it for a moment, I guess it makes sense...

Email snippet below...

image.png.4b2ccced079ecd635c7a7d7d65ed9f8b.png

Thanks! So basically the certification number will be the same as the first one, if the grade is revised I should see at the first submission tracking to view the updated grades?

• Administrator

Hello, 

Yes this is correct. Because the book's certification number does not change, the grades assigned will be on the original invoice number and the Certification Lookup tool. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:07 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello, 

Yes this is correct. Because the book's certification number does not change, the grades assigned will be on the original invoice number and the Certification Lookup tool. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks I appreciate all the support.