• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick question on the bid sellers and there image listings or lack there of ?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I have been noticing more and more with the big comic sellers on ebay and there own sites the listings of thousands of raw comics and no image to

show the cover. Just the old fashioned stock image . Is it just me or is this a true lack of customer service on the sellers part. To many times i bought a comic and  it comes in what ever they deem ok.

they use the old stock image to sell you what ever they want 

how do you all feel about the big guys never listing true images.

Edited by tonytitan

I order from mycomicshop frequently.  I haven't had a problem with their grading of raw comics, whether actual images or stock images were provided.  Sometimes the grade seems better than advertised.  This is my own experience, and others may view their results differently. 

I can't speak for other outlets, haven't used them.

I can understand you choosing not to purchase from My Comic Shop on eBay. However, let's put the numbers into perspective. 

During the time they accrued the 23 negatives and the 43 neutral feedbacks.... they also had 53,210 positives for a total of 53,281 sales on eBay where folks posted feedback during the same time period. That works out to be .0009 percent of feedback that is neutral and .0004 percent of feedback that is negative. 

I personally have had nothing but good experiences on MCS, but that has been my good fortune. I would also like to mention that if you purchase the same comic on their website as opposed to eBay, the comic costs less than what it is being sold for on eBay. Much like @Lightning55I highly recommend them, but I buy direct from them...and not through eBay

Like you, I won't purchase a comic that doesn't show the actual image of what you are buying. 

On 11/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, tonytitan said:

i was going to buy from my comic shop

but once i saw 23 negaitves and 43 neutrals in last 12 months i stayed away

As @davidtere points out, they have an extraordinary performance record, 99.9% positive though 53,301 transactions.  https://www.ebay.com/str/mycomicshop#tab2  Over 3.5 million transactions total.

There are always people who would never be satisfied, and that makes up the remainder.  You missed the big picture entirely.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:23 PM, tonytitan said:

and there are also tons of people who refuse to post up negatives on ebay or neutrals with fear of backlash.

so i would guess numbers would be higher.

Absolutely not.  There is no backlash or retaliation possible.  Sellers can't post negative to buyers, even when they richly deserve it.

On 11/2/2022 at 9:30 AM, tonytitan said:

i wont name names but i have been burned by places numerous times without  a real image.

It should not be allowed on ebay to list item without a real image.

It's ok to name names, if it's your actual experience and you are not happy with it.  That's what forums are for - to openly discuss issues, check the temp on topics or pet peeves, compare notes, ask questions, calibrate opinions, etc.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:05 PM, tonytitan said:

I have been noticing more and more with the big comic sellers on ebay and there own sites the listings of thousands of raw comics and no image to

show the cover. Just the old fashioned stock image . Is it just me or is this a true lack of customer service on the sellers part. To many times i bought a comic and  it comes in what ever they deem ok.

they use the old stock image to sell you what ever they want 

how do you all feel about the big guys never listing true images.

I think it's time.... Most tedious part of selling an item online for me.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:41 AM, tonytitan said:

to me if they are going to take the time to list item and write all the details .

just post up a image.

Agreed. It's why I have an image with the tag I will post more on request.