• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC still taking several days to open submissions?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

I've had a Mechanical Error submission at CGC for over a week and it hasn't shown up on my account. Are they still taking days or weeks to open boxes? Want to get a sense if this is unusual before I give them a call.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, MadGenius said:

I've had a Mechanical Error submission at CGC for over a week and it hasn't shown up on my account. Are they still taking days or weeks to open boxes? Want to get a sense if this is unusual before I give them a call.

I sent an ME order that was delivered to CGC on Wed Oct 26th.  It still has not been scanned in by CGC, let alone received.  I sent them an e-mail inquiring about this today.  But it sounds like your experience is similar to mine.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, MadGenius said:

Yes

@CGC Mike
Whom do we contact about the apparent lack of urgency in regards to processing mechanical error submissions?
It could be perceived that since CGC is not profiting from these that they are not correcting / resolving the errors in a manner that is putting their customers / stakeholders first...

Edited by troy.division

• Administrator
On 11/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, troy.division said:

@CGC Mike
Whom do we contact about the apparent lack of urgency in regards to processing mechanical error submissions?
It could be perceived that since CGC is not profiting from these that they are not correcting / resolving the errors in a manner that is putting their customers / stakeholders first...

Hello

We currently have a large amount of these submissions, and are doing the best that we can to accommodate everyone.  CGC not profiting from ME submissions has nothing to do with TAT's.  

Mike

On 11/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

We currently have a large amount of these submissions, and are doing the best that we can to accommodate everyone.  CGC not profiting from ME submissions has nothing to do with TAT's.  

Mike

Is it safe to assume QC is not being adequately performed? TATs go down, but MEs go up?

MEs should be done immediately upon receipt at CGC. The idea that an item not properly encapsulated has to go back into a queue is just bad service. TATs on ME should be no longer than walk through, the rest is just more fisting from the cgc customer disservice department. 

On 11/6/2022 at 7:28 AM, MadGenius said:

Is it safe to assume QC is not being adequately performed? TATs go down, but MEs go up?

give him 2 weeks for an answer

On 11/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, CGC Mike said:

CGC not profiting from ME submissions has nothing to do with TAT's.

Is this your opinion or an official statement? What is the possible reason for 2 month TATs on MEs then? Why would it take longer to reholder a comic than to grade and reholder a more expensive comic? The only reason seems to be $, they are not prioritized due to not generating income. If not that, what is the reason for 2 month reholders?