• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 4
8 8

152 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Thanks for the kind words, all.  I think it was a great contest.  only 2 people missed sending in grades for round 4.  1 person did but, was a half hour too late.  Hopefully we will have the results tomorrow.  If not, they will be Monday.  

Awesome contest Mike, thank you.

That Tec getting a 5.5 has to be the poster child for why people who sell CGC comics say "no returns on CGC."   If I bought it w/o seeing the back cover I'd simply destroy it and buy another copy somewhere (and strike the seller off my 'trust' list); and having seen the back, still can't imagine how it ever could rate better than a 4.0.  Rusted staple stain and water staining, pretty ugly.

Fun times, thanks for all the players who participated too.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, g-man said:

Lots of fun….did ok this round. 1 🎯….can’t believe the SSWS w a sub crease realized a 6.5! 
thanks Mike. 

It had a subscription crease? Yikes. I am missing a lot of this. New strategy for next time. Not sure what it is yet lol, but it’ll be new. 

Thanks again Mike.

Yes, I too, much refrain from the Golden Age Bump.

9 this round , 3 ones, a two, and a four.

Sorry missed last round of the contest.. got caught up in some stuff.. but all good was on the bottom lol was more at this point for trying to shake the rust off my grading skills lol good luck to all and may the best grader emerge!! 

So... I just woke up from hitting the sack really early yesterday, and what do I see checking the results this morning...

Big 3, Dynamic Comics, and SSWS: 3 bulls

Detective Comics and Fantastic Four: off by .5

:whatthe:...'scuze me... I think I'm going to faint....

Thanks for the great contest, Mike...and thanks to all that participated as well (thumbsu

• Administrator
On 11/13/2022 at 9:56 AM, Point Five said:

Hey Mike, a question only if you feel like answering. Idly curious if these contest books are typically all graded at the same time, by the same graders? No big deal, just wondering. 

I know they are all graded at the same time.  Then, they are all imaged, encapsulated and imaged again.    I am not sure if they are all graded by the same graders.  Out of curiosity, I will ask.  

On 11/12/2022 at 11:36 PM, Squirrel Guy said:

It had a subscription crease? Yikes. I am missing a lot of this. New strategy for next time. Not sure what it is yet lol, but it’ll be new. 

I didn't see it either and I keep bumping up my grades because I'm usually too low, but it was fun and  I HOPE there were different graders.