• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Choosing a tier question

4 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been answered, I searched and didn't see anything. This is my first time submitting a comic and I am not sure how to know which tier to choose. Even checking eBay is really reliant on what grade I end up getting; it MIGHT be worth less than $400 (so Modern tier), it might be worth up to $1,000 (so, Standard tier). If I submit under, say, Modern and they determine it to be worth more than $400, what happens? Do I just get told "Hey, actually, it's worth more and you have to pay us the Standard fee now" (which I am totally fine with if it ends up being worth that) or does it just get returned to me ungraded, or what? 

Thanks!

On 11/6/2022 at 6:44 PM, KLitke said:

If I submit under, say, Modern and they determine it to be worth more than $400, what happens? Do I just get told "Hey, actually, it's worth more and you have to pay us the Standard fee now" (which I am totally fine with if it ends up being worth that) or does it just get returned to me ungraded, or what?

That's basically exactly what happens.

@KLitke  Think about the tier system as "replacement value".  What would it cost you to buy another copy of the book in similar raw grade?  The tier system is there for insurance purposes primarily.  CGC doesn't want a million dollar book sitting in their shipping department warehouse for months (and their insurer certainly doesn't want that).