• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Universe live movies, TV, animation, gaming roadmap
4 4

288 posts in this topic

Screenrant's posting someone else claiming that Batman 2 is safe. https://screenrant.com/the-batman-2-development-safe-dc-studios/

Interesting that everyone's forgotten about the Joker sequel. Wonder what it's future will be. I'd assume safe, but we'll have to wait and see. 

If Gunn and Safran have cancelled whatever JSA projects were in the pipeline, imma be mad. I've seen people saying that Black Adam is no more, because management supposedly didn't like working with Johnson and the way he took over the project. That's unsourced though, and I have not been able to find one for it. 

On 12/8/2022 at 6:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I got after reading through it myself. After reading that Johns co-wrote the WW3 -script that's being thrown out, I'm not surprised. I love Johns' work in comic books, but I think his input on film has been awful.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:50 AM, Cat said:

If Gunn and Safran have cancelled whatever JSA projects were in the pipeline, imma be mad. I've seen people saying that Black Adam is no more, because management supposedly didn't like working with Johnson and the way he took over the project. That's unsourced though, and I have not been able to find one for it. 

Only reason that I could imagine them being unhappy is if DJ is demanding a Black Adam win over Superman. Otherwise, the dude's been involved in so much business throughout his career, I can't imagine getting in the way of himself. He was given seemingly all of the advertisement and PR responsibility for Black Adam. lol

I think the way they can make everyone happy is to entice AMZN or AAPL (or MSFT after the ATVI deal closes) to buy WBD and put their QA/QC stamp on DCEU film/streaming/animation. At that point, they would not worry about the cost of new content as it is a rounding error in the grand scheme of things, and it would also provide a big library of content to whoever acquires them which saves $$$.

They could make me happy by greenlighting a JSA project. I'd say their reaction in Black Adam justifies further portrayals and expansion. 

I also wanna say ditch Shazam, but that childish of me, I can just keep on ignoring it. Just please keep him away from anything I like. 

On 12/10/2022 at 6:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

One of the most important things to get right, but honestly I personally would love it if they DIDN'T include any Superman films initially. I would love it if he simply appeared as a cameo on other movies, saving someone and flying away in a blur - or in news reports talking about his good deeds & acts of kindness (basically give us the opposite of JJJ reporting on Spider-Man), which inspires other heroes within their movies. I would love the sense of aspiration being held by the DCU first as they, and us, look up to (both figuratively and literally) to this amazing mysterious bastion of kindness. 

Build up to him so his movie isn't just another Superman film, but something that feels special and has already started pulling on our heartstrings before exploring who he is and his relationship to this new DCEU roadmap. 

I've told pretty much everyone that I know to ignore any/all rumors they read. Haven't trusted any 'articles' since 'they' collectively tried to gaslight us into believing that ZSJL "would never see the light of day", "Cavill is done" (despite saying otherwise himself), etc.

Gunn is fairly active on social media, so I'll just wait to see what he shares himself. I just want to watch more of Cavill's Superman, and the Justice League vs Darkseid.

On 12/14/2022 at 1:47 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've told pretty much everyone that I know to ignore any/all rumors they read. Haven't trusted any 'articles' since 'they' collectively tried to gaslight us into believing that ZSJL "would never see the light of day", "Cavill is done" (despite saying otherwise himself), etc.

Gunn is fairly active on social media, so I'll just wait to see what he shares himself. I just want to watch more of Cavill's Superman, and the Justice League vs Darkseid.

With the series of articles that have come out lately referencing 'WB executives' as sources it is interesting how James Gunn and now Patty Jenkins have been able to shoot holes in the stories. Including how Patty Jenkins refused to rewrite a -script and stormed off when asked to fit the go-forward plan (which hasn't even been announced yet).

Crazy how folks on here are gravitating to all the negative news, and celebrating it, too. Yet still each of these news ducks gets shot down each time.

(shrug)

On 12/14/2022 at 12:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

This proves how much reporting noise is floating around currently to get people stirred up.

So Pattinson/Reeves Batman won't be a part of thr DCU?

Spoiler

There is a God! Thank you Jesus!