• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Universe live movies, TV, animation, gaming roadmap
4 4

286 posts in this topic

Coming from Deadline, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav appeared at a recent town hall meeting with DC Studios co-CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran to share what the new structure for the DC Universe will look like. Since their initial announcement, this was the first public town hall-style meeting for the new DC leaders.

The trio pulled the curtain back on their plan to create a "bible" for a cohesive DC Universe (DCU) that encompasses live-action movies, TV, animation, gaming, and other content. This could be an incredibly ambitious move for the team as they already plan to combine the movie, animation, and even gaming worlds together into one streamlined narrative.

As reported by The Wrap, Safran expanded on this point, noting that their DCU would be telling "one great overarching story" across various mediums:

"This was such a unique opportunity to tell one great overarching story … One beautiful big story across film, television, gaming, live-action, and animation.”

The execs expressed their shared excitement for the new structure, with Zaslav mentioning how the plan is to build a bible for a cohesive DC universe, one that is overarching across live-action films, TV, animation, gaming and more.

Safran, fresh in from the production of Nun 2 in Europe, spoke about his love for such DC properties as Aquaman, which is DC’s highest-grossing movie ever at $1.1 billion worldwide. In addition, he said he adored the themes of Shazam.

Gunn spoke about how he loves the interaction of Superman and Batman, and how they’re the same and different at the same time.

While Gunn and Safran didn’t mention anything about new projects, the former said he has a penchant for such DC superheroes as Metal Men and Bat-mite.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, D84 said:

So, I have to watch all the movies, shows, animation and play the video games?

Are they :censored: stupid?

I'd assume they're going for a Star Wars approach. Get the full experience by getting everything, or just get the basic story by watching just the film. You're fine either way. Unless you want to know Palpatine returned... 

On 11/16/2022 at 1:18 AM, Bosco685 said:

Seriously though Michael Holt is such a great character, whether on his own or in a team he really shines. Perfect focal charscter for a project. I hope it's something JSA-related, but I'd be thrilled with a solo project too. He's long overdue for one. 

If you don't know the character, I suggest you google him. He's one of the best creations of the 90's, by far. 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

Can't say that this hasn't already happened, as Miller's Flash appeared in CW's Crisis. Just - for the love of god - don't do what the MCU is doing by having required watching. Sounds like this opens the door for the possibility that JL 2/3 could be officially animated.