• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card still in penny sleeve normal?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your questions. These sealed inner sleeves are used when cards will not fit perfectly in our inner holder. This is considered normal. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hey Matt, 

Thanks for the reply.  My apologies if I'm being a pain in the butt, just trying to understand the materials and process.

Please see the image below, to be more specific, what I was referring to is the internal dimensions of the supports for the cards, highlighted with the orange bars.

The physical cards themselves, left versus the right are the same.

As you can see there are differences between the two slabs themselves.

Out of the 50 cards or so I've had graded so far the left card's holder is the only one with different dimensions internally.  The external dimensions appear to all be the same.

This is why I was asking about the penny sleeve being included.

CARD COMPARISON.jpg

Edited by Off The Set Props

• Administrator

Hello! The card itself was most likely too large to fit in our standard-sized holder and therefore we needed to use the larger-sized one with a penny sleeve. Even if the card is a millimeter too large, we will not force the card into the holder and risk damaging the cards.