• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else have problems with First Impressions Comic Pressing? HELP!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I dropped off a half dozen valuable key issues at their table at a local con early last month, and in the past three weeks I've been trying to get the status of my order.  I've talked to an actual human being twice, and both times he responded the same:  "...your order should be ready by the end of this week...I'll send you an invoice once it's ready to be shipped out to CGC".  You guessed it...never heard from him.  Nothing: no invoice, no text, no phone call, no email....nothing.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  It's First Impressions Comic Pressing out of Tinley Park, IL.

Never heard of this guy. Do they have a shop or work out of the house?

Just looked at the site. They work out of a house off of Lagrange Road. Close to a patch guy I use.

Edited by DR.X

Yes...very primitive operation, it seems.  I am deeply regretting this already.  The first time I talked to him, he claimed that "all the books from that con have already been completed"...well, then why am I getting no invoice or any notification at all about my order?  I'll certainly never use this service again.

On 11/19/2022 at 5:38 PM, kmiracleman said:

Yes...very primitive operation, it seems.  I am deeply regretting this already.  The first time I talked to him, he claimed that "all the books from that con have already been completed"...well, then why am I getting no invoice or any notification at all about my order?  I'll certainly never use this service again.

Hopefully you get your books back, and this is just a matter of terrible customer service.:wishluck:

'First Impressions" :tonofbricks:

I do live in the Chicagoland area.  I'm going to call him one last time this week and ask for my books to be returned to me immediately.  I'll let you know what happens.  I appreciate the offer.

Also, to @joeypost and @mattn792 - thank you both for confirming my reluctance to post anything at all on this forum; I love how anyone who just simply asks a question immediately gets attacked for being so naive, so dumb and so incompetent.  I'm so sorry I'm not as intelligent and perfect as you both.  I hope you both accept my most sincere apologies for breathing the same air as you both.

Edited by kmiracleman

On 11/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, kmiracleman said:

I do live in the Chicagoland area.  I'm going to call him one last time this week and ask for my books to be returned to me immediately.  I'll let you know what happens.  I appreciate the offer.

Also, to @joeypost and @mattn792 - thank you both for confirming my reluctance to post anything at all on this forum; I love how anyone who just simply asks a question immediately gets attacked for being so naive, so dumb and so incompetent.  I'm so sorry I'm not as intelligent and perfect as you both.  I hope you both accept my most sincere apologies for breathing the same air as you both.

Still trying to figure out how my replies were attacks on you. With that said… you’re welcome. 

On 11/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, kmiracleman said:

Yeah, if they attacked you (hint: they didn't), it's definitely because people here are terrible and not because you're a gullible fool who just handed over a bunch of valuable comics to somebody you don't know. :facepalm:

On 11/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, kmiracleman said:

Ironically, this answers my original question.  Thanks (thumbsu

On 11/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, HighRadArt said:

Why?  I don't understand this kind of reply.  There's no need for it.  He's worried about getting his books back.

It's needed a lot more than :censored: like "thank you both for confirming my reluctance to post anything at all on this forum; I love how anyone who just simply asks a question immediately gets attacked for being so naive, so dumb and so incompetent.  I'm so sorry I'm not as intelligent and perfect as you both.  I hope you both accept my most sincere apologies for breathing the same air as you both."

Cry me a river for somebody who's able to use the Marketplace here, but is somehow unable to otherwise participate except to complain about self-inflicted problems.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:59 AM, DR.X said:

I have no problem meeting up with you someplace and taking a ride over there.

That's awesome! I would take Dr. X up on his offer if First Impressions doesn't respond and drive over there together to pick up your books.

On 11/19/2022 at 4:17 AM, DR.X said:

Close to a patch guy I use

Worst case scenario you can pick up some new patches and make a new friend. 

Edited by Flanders82