• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Horse! (on a Comic Cover), a Horse! (on a Comic Cover), My Kingdom For a Horse! (on a Comic Cover)
3 3

250 posts in this topic

Dunno why I'm bothering Dept: But here goes. 

IW Comics have one thing going for them. Most issues displayed brand new covers. Here is a Morse Horse (and the Kid) looking right at YOU and apparently drawn by John Severin. The cover is improved further by Len's ink stamp. So if the UK newsagent was selling this comic for 6d (and there needed to be a profit in it for him) what price was Len wholesaling them out at?!? And what price was Len BUYING them at?!?  A penny each??

silverkid.thumb.jpg.20c561ca6d04dbaa5c1ccd104ed3e4f3.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 9:31 AM, themagicrobot said:

Dunno why I'm bothering Dept: But here goes. 

IW Comics have one thing going for them. Most issues displayed brand new covers. Here is a Morse Horse (and the Kid) looking right at YOU and apparently drawn by John Severin. The cover is improved further by Len's ink stamp. So if the UK newsagent was selling this comic for 6d (and there needed to be a profit in it for him) what price was Len wholesaling them out at?!? And what price was Len BUYING them at?!?  A penny each??

silverkid.thumb.jpg.20c561ca6d04dbaa5c1ccd104ed3e4f3.jpg

I made a similar observation here Robot, albeit on a Len free copy. Check my other threads for my 6d/9d Miller theory - this one is just to show off horses :)

WyattEarp40(1959)LMiller.thumb.jpg.79ded9cfe116848a1dd1e45ef66b006e.jpg

I've read it, and they're all lies. Rumour is that The Horse of The North wrote it under a pseudonym. 

On 3/12/2024 at 3:09 AM, Hepcat said:

Are sea horses eligible here or should I delete this post?

???

Who knows? I was told " this one is just to show off horses :)" even though I posted a comic cover with a huge horse head on it. So no doubt this Lois Lane will be frowned on. They should be glad anyone is still bothering to visit/post in these forums.............

92.thumb.jpg.d87a7e341b08c1042889555b05bbad24.jpg

On 3/13/2024 at 10:33 AM, themagicrobot said:

Who knows? I was told " this one is just to show off horses :)" even though I posted a comic cover with a huge horse head on it.

I meant that in the context of your Miller pricing question.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:33 AM, themagicrobot said:

So no doubt this Lois Lane will be frowned on. They should be glad anyone is still bothering to visit/post in these forums.............

Who is 'they'?

On 3/12/2024 at 3:09 AM, Hepcat said:

Are sea horses eligible here or should I delete this post?

???

Sea horse? Of course! 

Great! Here then is another cover with seahorses before I get to mammalian ones:

12-07-2011105341PM.jpg

I love those early Challengers of the Unknown comics these days although it wasn't among my favourite titles as a kid.

:)

Edited by Hepcat