• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEC 29

43 posts in this topic

TEC 29

Unrestored and rarely seen for sale. But it doesn't look like the seller has sold many/any comics before, let alone big ticket items. What do you think? The real deal? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looking at the census there are 9 unrestored copies. ONE IS A 9.6!!

Wow.

Any idea where that gem is?

Seller's return policy:

Because of 3rd Party Grading by CGC, a neutral independent professional grader, this Comic is Non Returnable

I wouldn't go near it b/c of this policy.

Ok, not what a buyer would want to see (I know your policy is much better). But this type of (no) return policy is really pretty common isn't it?

Check the rest of the site too if you've got a few minutes. He's got a great collection of comics & OA.

I had no idea that site existed. Thanks for sharing!

Unbelievable.

Yeah, someone posted it down in the OA section I think a few weeks ago. Amazing stuff.

With the new labels coming out, can anyone explain how the market will view books like this compared to a slightly restored book with conservation paper used instead of tape.

I know I would much rather prefer the later than to have tape on the book. With the purple label being used for tear seals and conservation paper they usually would go for less than the book with tape. I remember CGC stating that they downgraded for tape but the blue label trumped the higher graded purple label books in terms of price.

I'm not trying to get a rant on CGC but I am wondering what will be the affect going forward on a book like this.

Edit:

Just realized I was looking at the prices for #39! makepoint.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Well, considering that a 5.0 copy of #29 sold on Heritage in February for $10,900 & a coverless copy went for $1,250 in October ( 893whatthe.gif) I guess the asking price isn't quite as crazy as I thought... Live and learn.

Seller's return policy:

Because of 3rd Party Grading by CGC, a neutral independent professional grader, this Comic is Non Returnable

I wouldn't go near it b/c of this policy.

Ok, not what a buyer would want to see (I know your policy is much better). But this type of (no) return policy is really pretty common isn't it?

It was certainly the norm, but fortunately I think the shift is changing. Without personally inspecting the book I just wouldn't do it, unless the buyer were willing to accept the risk of course. I've bought too many CGC books myself without paying careful attention only to be unsatisfied afterwards. Terrible feeling.

Edit: That being said, the seller appears to be legit so I am speaking only in general terms.