• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mycomicshop cancelled my order without asking me, I lost money on the foreign exchange refund and they have stopped contacting me and done nothing to make it right.
2 2

105 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The OP knows who MCS is, and understands the internet enough to post here.  Why not do I quick search....locate the MCS thread...and post an inquiry within it tagging MCS

OP has 3 posts in his history. Maybe he didn't know that as a customer of My Comic Shop, the best way to get help is to post on the CGC forum.

I have way more posts and didn't know that.

Not knocking MCS, I'm sure this is an uncommon event.  I bet they are probably great, but responses like yours and Sweet Lou's are working against them.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, Sigur Ros said:

OP has 3 posts in his history. Maybe he didn't know that as a customer of My Comic Shop, the best way to get help is to post on the CGC forum.

I have way more posts and didn't know that.

Not knocking MCS, I'm sure this is an uncommon event.  I bet they are probably great, but responses like yours and Sweet Lou's are working against them.

I have no idea what point you’re trying to make here, and quite honestly I can’t care right now.....:sorry:

On 11/27/2022 at 7:57 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

(except maybe the narcissistic lunatic who bought Twitter)

If you were the richest man in the world, you'd be a narcissistic lunatic too. :ohnoez:

On 11/27/2022 at 10:25 AM, joeypost said:

Most start out that way. The money only serves to amplify their existing personalities.

Ha! Very true!

On 11/27/2022 at 10:25 AM, joeypost said:

Most start out that way. The money only serves to amplify their existing personalities.

Or do their personalities amplify the money?   I think most people would have walked away with their multi-millions and been on permanent vacation rather than do as Elon has done.  If I was worth a 1/1000th of what he is, I'd never work another day in my life.  What does he gain by showing up to work?

On 11/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, shadroch said:

Or do their personalities amplify the money?   I think most people would have walked away with their multi-millions and been on permanent vacation rather than do as Elon has done.  If I was worth a 1/1000th of what he is, I'd never work another day in my life.  What does he gain by showing up to work?

Yeah, you're right - it varies.  For some people it does amplify their worst personality traits.  Others have their lives ruined by it through various kinds of self-destructive behaviors.  Others - the ones we've never heard of - handle it just fine.  They're the ones that fund all the charities we like.  I'm with you - I'd pursue things I want to that probably wouldn't look like "work" to anyone else.

I leave open the possibility that Musk works because he believes he's less destructive doing so rather than being idle.  Hard to imagine, but there it is.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:41 PM, shadroch said:

He has goals and drive to create things that make the world better.   Be thankful Elon didn’t decide to become a couch potato.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Musk works because he believes he's less destructive doing so rather than being idle. 

There's a take I've never seen.

I think he works because he wants to make life better for people.  Which he has.

On 11/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

He has goals and drive to create things that make the world better.   Be thankful Elon didn’t decide to become a couch potato.

Until recently, I've been a huge Musk supporter. He and Stan Lee are responsible for most of my wealth, such as it is. 

I've never been driven like that.  I had two fraternity brothers who went to work on Wall Street.  About three or four years in, they both got bonuses that were close to a million. One guy quit, bought five houses he rented out and tinkered around with restoring cars when he isn't fishing.  The other brother went right back to work, stayed on Wall St thru three heart attacks and left his wife a rich widow at the age of 53.   I'd most definitely have taken the money and ran.

These days i'm all about micro-investing, and using my resources to help others grow theirs. It truly sickens me when I see Salvadorian farmers putting their hard worked money into bitcoin because their President promises them a golden future thru something they don't begin to understand.

Edited by shadroch

On 11/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, shadroch said:

Until recently, I've been a huge Musk supporter. He and Stan Lee are responsible for most of my wealth, such as it is. 

I've never been driven like that.  I had two fraternity brothers who went to work on Wall Street.  About three or four hears in, they both got bonuses that were close to a million. One guy quit, bought five houses he rented out and tinkered around with restoring cars when he isn't fishing.  The other brother went right back to work, stayed on Wall St thru three heargt attacks and left his wife a rich widow at the age of 53.   I'd most definitely have taken the money and ran.

These days i'm all about micro-investing, and using my resources to help others grow theirs. It truly sickens me when I see Salvadorian farmers putting their hard worked money into bitcoin because their President promises them a golden future thru something they don't begin to understand.

I get it.  I’m the guy who’d be happy to be a one hit wonder & disappear. Just give me enough money to create my compound....and you’ll never see me again.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:55 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I would argue Musk is an excellent salesman (one of the best in the world) and nothing more. The people who work for him are the ones making the world better.

Edited by Tnexus

On 11/27/2022 at 2:15 PM, Tnexus said:

I would argue Musk is an excellent salesman (one of the best in the world) and nothing more. The people who work for him are the ones making the world better.

I’m curious what makes you think that?  This might be the one time that the boss is actually the brains of the operation.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:15 PM, Tnexus said:

Bill Burr's take on Steve Jobs.

Warning:  Contains some NSFW language.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, Sigur Ros said:

There's a take I've never seen.

I think he works because he wants to make life better for people.  Which he has.

I surely hope that’s the case for his Twitter purchase.

Personally, I wished he would have stayed away from that and continued on with his technological advancement philosophy.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I get it.  I’m the guy who’d be happy to be a one hit wonder & disappear. Just give me enough money to create my compound....and you’ll never see me again.

Ahh yes - but how long do you sit in that compound and think “This is great! Other people should live this way!” And then you start throwing all that money towards an idea you feel strongly about?

Having that much money gives you leverage that 99% of humanity will never have - I’d say it’d be human nature to use that money to showcase and promote your way of life and thinking.

On 11/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Ahh yes - but how long do you sit in that compound and think “This is great! Other people should live this way!” And then you start throwing all that money towards an idea you feel strongly about?

Having that much money gives you leverage that 99% of humanity will never have - I’d say it’d be human nature to use that money to showcase and promote your way of life and thinking.

If I was the richest man in the world....I’d rule with an iron fist!!!:sumo:

On 11/27/2022 at 12:15 PM, Tnexus said:

Even if that is true, and  it might not be, he is the Captain of the Ship and gets the credit for the good, as well as the bad.