• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 SD Comic Con
1 1

9 posts in this topic

If you are trying to obtain a badge in advance via their early sale, odds are one in 16 or a 6% chance, which is pretty tough.  Even the parking must be purchased in advance.  Hotel room rates get doubled or tripled during that week.  

Last attended in 2019, and spent over $2k just on the hotel room and tickets that I got through a vendor friend.  My friend asked me whether I wanted to attend this year and I could crash in his room.  I replied No Thanks!  I had attended for 25 straight years.  

Edited by BitterOldMan

On 12/3/2022 at 5:57 PM, Captain Crash said:

Looking at going to my first SD comic con in July. Can day passes be bought at the door? The website is showing all badges are sold out, but are those just for the all weekend passes or am I totally out of luck this time?

just go to torpedo con in LA instead if they do it. it's one week before and most of the dealers who do sdcc also do it. no cosplay or other noncomic stuff although some toy sellers were at the last one. but it's $50 and a great comic book show. and hotels in the area are not three times higher for that week. 

On 6/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, nearmint said:

Show is only 6 weeks away. 

You're not going to be able to keep me out of the State.