• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Covers depicting "Alternative Lifestyles"

99 posts in this topic

Now I of course feel the need to protect my own heterosexuality; but the point is, I'm just curious (no pun intended) as to how many covers out there can be construed as presenting a homosexual image.

I think the answer to your question is another question: In the whole history of comics, how many covers have been produced which feature men in tights punching each other?

Don't forget this little gem... crazy.gif

Lets not move this thread to beastality. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Beastiality involves a human and an animal. When two animals copulate it's not called beastiality. Neither of which would be considered an "alternate lifestyle".

There's no way I'm going to contradict an apparent "expert" on the subject . . . 27_laughing.gif

Not apparent, certified. screwy.gif

You're a certified "beastialitist"? 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Sometimes it's easier to accept that your insufficiently_thoughtful_person to make sense of your posts. thumbsup2.gif

Btw, "Alternative lifestyles" implies that people chose to live a certain life. I don't believe this to be so. Why would someone choose to be gay?

I'm not sure that there's any "choice" implicit in the term "alternative". However, alternative simply means another option - and therefore ANY other lifestyle (including bestiality, pedophilia, etc) is BY DEFINITION an alternative lifestyle. Alternative lifestyle is not a term that is restricted to homosexuals, as deathlok would have us believe.

Don't forget this little gem... crazy.gif

Lets not move this thread to beastality. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Beastiality involves a human and an animal. When two animals copulate it's not called beastiality. Neither of which would be considered an "alternate lifestyle".

Alf is human-like. So what would you call an alien having sex with an animal? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...in your case?...Saturday night,.....

Btw, "Alternative lifestyles" implies that people chose to live a certain life. I don't believe this to be so. Why would someone choose to be gay?

I'm not sure that there's any "choice" implicit in the term "alternative". However, alternative simply means another option - and therefore ANY other lifestyle (including bestiality, pedophilia, etc) is BY DEFINITION an alternative lifestyle. Alternative lifestyle is not a term that is restricted to homosexuals, as deathlok would have us believe.

"An alternative lifestyle is a lifestyle (a mode or style of conducting one's life) which in addition, carries the implication that it is not within the generally perceived cultural norm. Usually (but not always) it implies an affinity or identification within some matching subculture (examples include Gay culture and punk)."

"Deviant behavior is behavior that is a recognized violation of social norms. Formal and informal social controls attempt to prevent and minimize deviance. One such control is through the medicalization of deviance. Crime, the violation of formally enacted law, is formal deviance while an informal social violation such as picking one's nose (although that is becoming rather normal by now) is an example of informal deviance. It also means not doing what the majority does or alternatively doing what the majority does not do. For instance, behaviors caused by cultural difference can be seen as deviance. It does not necessarily mean criminal behavior."