• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Books from the Charlotte Comic-Con

26 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Unfortunately I’ve had buddy of mine, along with a few dealers have their books stolen at the Charlotte Comic-Con on 12/11/22.  If you come across any of these books, PLEASE reach out to me!

Batman #227 - CGC 4.5 - Off-White Pages 

Serial Number: 3906618005

C70E6291-7362-4F7D-8584-AB0E1964ACD2.thumb.jpeg.2e6ae3d2d8012e600f23e0ac2af8e5bf.jpeg

X-Men #1 (1963) - HEAVILY taped on the spine. The dealer DOES NOT have any photos of the book. Even then, this book is still worth several thousand dollars.

Edited by Terry JSA

Visualize pain and misery for the thief.

Theft is SUCH a frustrating crime.  I don't think it gets treated with the seriousness it deserves.  It is so traumatic for the victims.

In Costa Rica, where I live half the year, the same problem exists but to an extreme way beyond what I see in the US:  rampant property crime and little police action.  As a result, in Costa Rica vigilante action thrives.  I'm convinced the only reason the murder rate is so high in CR compared to the US is because of vigilante action.

One of my friends just sent me a pic he took of a known local thief slumped against a wall in town.  Stabbed in the ribs, bleeding on the sidewalk and beaten to a pulp, jaw hanging like a jaw hangs when someone got punched so hard it snapped into pieces.  His last mistake was to assault the cashier when he took the cash box.  Folks got together on WhatsApp and tore that dude a new one.

A glorious day for everyone in town except for the thief.

Imagine that kind of result for the X-men #1 thief.  It's only a dream but we can dream.

On 12/15/2022 at 2:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

was it with the perpetrator? or have they been located, hope that leads to the rest :x 

Yup. He ended up returning the book once everyone caught onto to who he was.

BUT

If anyone happens to see a CGC 4.5 Bat #227 with the serial number of 3906618005, then reach out to me since that has not been found yet.

Edited by Terry JSA

On 12/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, Terry JSA said:

Yup. He ended up returning the book once everyone caught onto to who it was.

BUT

If anyone happens to see a CGC 4.5 Bat #227 with the serial number of 3906618005, then reach out to me since that has not been found yet.

Can you share any details about the perpetrator? It's sounds like Earl may have known the person. Was it another dealer?

On 12/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, Dave2739 said:

Can you share any details about the perpetrator? It's sounds like Earl may have known the person. Was it another dealer?

It was possibly another dealer

Edited by djpinkpanther67

On 12/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, Dave2739 said:

A little more interesting information. This was delivered to Heroes Aren't Hard To Find this morning, anonymously. 

IMG_5537.jpeg

I loved the note. The fake postal distro markings were cute as well.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Terry JSA said:

I stopped by his booth while I was there at the show. :ohnoez:

I may have bought something from him maybe once this year. Can’t recall.
Never again.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, Dave2739 said:

I can't picture the guy, but the name sounds familiar. My Google-Fu is not turning up anything other than pics of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

Edited by djpinkpanther67

Let me get this straight?

Books get stolen at a Con. and it was a comic book dealer who had a stall at the con, who did it?

Wow!

The hobby is plumbing new depths.  :facepalm: