• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Conan 24 (1st Red Sonja cover)
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I glanced at this last night and thought it looked like my copy which is 6.5/7.0. Yours looks better to my eyes today.

8.0 thereabouts.

Issue 24 is the must have, IMO. Issue 23 may be her first appearance but she's an auxiliary character. She's the star of this issue and it's hands down one of the best Conan stories and beautifully drawn.

Thanks for posting.

On 12/23/2022 at 9:58 PM, grendelbo said:

Issue 24 is the must have

I'm inclined to agree here. I just love the cover art of this one in particular. Buyers on ebay seem to be paying more for the equivalently graded copies of 23 over 24. The comp I have is the issue 1 from this same run, which was part of a purchased of the entire BWS run on the book (inc. the two he didn't draw). My issue one clocked in at a 7.5 & I believe this is at least a grade better.

Had to come back to the forum to look at some BWS art...

Agree with the 8.0 rating: noted issue on LR corner and stress marks near staples.

Also agree with @grendelbo that it's hands down one of the best Conan stories and IMHO one of the best drawn. (Red nails is hard to beat).

On 12/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

IMHO one of the best drawn

+ this cover agreed.

2143254770_ConantheBarbarianKingSizeSpecial1.thumb.jpg.4a6a87f4200c03c593c8d82b5215641a.jpg

And 23 is inked by too many different artists and BWS style seems subverted.

Edited by grendelbo