• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this LED bulb safe for displaying books?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I may have asked this before, but wanted to clarify for my peace of mind. 

I know sunlight, halogen overhead, etc. will fade books. From what I have read, LEDs are very safe and will not cause fading. 

LED bulbs

these are the bulbs I have had in my office for a year or so now. They are on about 8 hours a day or so. 

To any experts on the boards, assuming the only light in the room is from these LEDs, would these be safe for comics and not cause fading on the covers?

Edited by Venomous72

speaking of which...

I have led light strips on my desk because it is near a plug, my question?

Does having the strip bulbs in my actual eyesight, sitting maybe a foot or two away in a chair on the computer bad for eyesight?

I tried googling and etc it mainly said it is the same "blue level of light that is on a phone or computer", but I wasn't sure?

I did try turning them off for a day or two, to see if I noticed a difference, but with sinuses and etc I couldn't really tell, other than a slight headache at the time :cheers: